Hacking RELEASE guide.sdsetup.com - The official guide for SDFilesSwitch and SDSetup

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide now has a dark theme. It currently very briefly flashes white when switching pages with dark enabled. This will be fixed when I switch to an SPA framework.

I'll add this theme to SDSetup at some point as well.
awesome thanks a lot for doing that.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used this guide today for my newly acquired Switch. Somehow i managed to miss the 9.0.2 release by just a few hours, i was able to install games but not run them (it would ask to connect online before launching). It was fixed by just getting the new files.

I loved the idea of customizing all the files and content before even downloading, i don't use most of the content so it was a great feature to select only what i was interested.

Thanks for the guide (and the SDSetup site as well).

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used this guide today for my newly acquired Switch. Somehow i managed to miss the 9.0.2 release by just a few hours, i was able to install games but not run them (it would ask to connect online before launching). It was fixed by just getting the new files.

I loved the idea of customizing all the files and content before even downloading, i don't use most of the content so it was a great feature to select only what i was interested.

Thanks for the guide (and the SDSetup site as well).

Whoops, I completely missed 9.0.2. Fixed.

Thongs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After formatting your SD card to exFAT:
  1. Insert your SD card into your Switch
  2. Turn on your Switch
  3. Your Switch will ask to install a system update to support your SD card. Accept this and wait for the update to install.

Can my switch have exFat compatibility without having to update the system? Can someone explain what does number 3 mean? My switch firmware is on 2.0. I don't want to update and lose the 2.0 firmware. The guide (Section 2: SD Card Setup) tell me to update my system before I can make a backup of my nand in (Section 3: Safety Precautions). If I follow the guide then I wouldn't be backing up the 2.0 firmware and it would be impossible to downgrade right?

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After formatting your SD card to exFAT:
  1. Insert your SD card into your Switch
  2. Turn on your Switch
  3. Your Switch will ask to install a system update to support your SD card. Accept this and wait for the update to install.

Can my switch have exFat compatibility without having to update the system? Can someone explain what does number 3 mean? My switch firmware is on 2.0. I don't want to update and lose the 2.0 firmware. The guide (Section 2: SD Card Setup) tell me to update my system before I can make a backup of my nand in (Section 3: Safety Precautions). If I follow the guide then I wouldn't be backing up the 2.0 firmware and it would be impossible to downgrade right?

Good point, a bit of an oversight on my part.

You can install the exfat update manually by following this guide. I'll add this information to the guide.

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guide now runs on vuejs, meaning page transitions should be smoother and without the white flash in dark mode. I've also (sort of) fixed the menu on mobile.

I'll work on adding a better exFAT guide and some other cleanup.

Last edited by noahc3,

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to make sure since I didnt see it anywhere, this works with 6.0 correct? Was directed from another thread but need to make sure.

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Added back a new exFAT guide, with options to install either automatically through system update or manually using choidujournx

Reactions: Thongs

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@noahc3... Would you mind explaining why the SDSetup Atmosphere "titles" folder structure is different from the official Atmosphere release?

SDSetup Structure
Code:
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\main
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\main.npdm

Atmosphere (Official) Structure
Code:
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs.nsp

I noticed a similar stucture on @Canna's Guide too.

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@noahc3... Would you mind explaining why the SDSetup Atmosphere "titles" folder structure is different from the official Atmosphere release?

SDSetup Structure
Code:
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\main
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs\main.npdm

Atmosphere (Official) Structure
Code:
\sd\atmosphere\titles\0100000000000036\exefs.nsp

I noticed a similar stucture on @Canna's Guide too.

The creport used in SDFiles is from before Atmosphere had exefs redirection that worked with PFS0 (NSP) files. The files here are simply unpacked. They are functionally identical, but Atmosphere now has it repacked into an NSP. I'm not exactly sure why tom didn't use the NSP version though, I'll ask when he's available.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The creport used in SDFiles is from before Atmosphere had exefs redirection that worked with PFS0 (NSP) files. The files here are simply unpacked. They are functionally identical, but Atmosphere now has it repacked into an NSP. I'm not exactly sure why tom didn't use the NSP version though, I'll ask when he's available.
That’s odd, because according to the release info for 0.7.0, the NSP option was already present.

Either way, replacing the exef folder with the NSP file should work, right?

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That’s odd, because according to the release info for 0.7.0, the NSP option was already present.

Either way, replacing the exef folder with the NSP file should work, right?
I mean before Atmosphere's official release. Pre-0.7.0.

Yes that will work fine.

noahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guide has been updated with a method of downgrading from 6.2.0 (technically any firmware) to any firmware of your choosing, even if you don't have your BIS keys beforehand (thanks shchmue). https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/manual620downgrade

You still wont have sleep, but if you primarily play in docked mode with autosleep off, this might be worth it for you.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how OP claims "the official". There is no such things. Just lots of guides trying to be "the official". The only thing that makes a guide official is years of use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email