Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay then i need to go into luma and set up a emunand.
It's not really necessary with a9lh+Luma3DS, because Luma has FIRM write protection, so it'll retain a9lh after an update. If you want to be 110% safe, wait some hours. A thread about the update should pop up in here, with people reporting if they updated with no complications at all.

Reactions: OfficialFBomb

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may happen that you already installed a9lh. Try holding SELECT or START at boot and report back.

I just tried booting while holding only select; only start; and both select + start. All three simply booted to the main menu.

So strange that everything worked so easily up to step 15. prior to this, my first 3DS tinkering was a few days ago with soundhax.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I am beginning to become discouraged :(. Tried Soundhax then your Fasthax+Safehax with no lunch, Steelhax then your Fasthax+Safehax with no luck, and now Oot3dhax then your Fasthax+Safehax with no luck. Stuck at black screen every single time after running your Safehax. Some text flashes for a sec (running thru Fasthax attempts Im guessing) then it goes all black and sits there till I reboot manually. Major bummer, but Ill keep trying I guess,
Try to put a cartridge in the slot.

2dsjack21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the luma setup part I know you said to select all but before I go on after I do the last step will I be able to use Fbi and freeshop once I go back to 11.2?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the luma setup part I know you said to select all but before I go on after I do the last step will I be able to use Fbi and freeshop once I go back to 11.2?
FBI yes there is a separate guide for that below it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to follow the "Optional (But HIGHLY recommend) Steps". Did it because it was a little out of scope, but some users requested it.

Pol74698

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to follow the "Optional (But HIGHLY recommend) Steps". Did it because it was a little out of scope, but some users requested it.
First, I can't see them, Second, I get stuck at a black screen after starting safehax and having it do its "attempts"

AlphaNDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so im stuck on safea9lhinstaller v2.0.3
when i reboot luma doesnt launch,all i get is safea9lhinstaller even after installing it

Reactions: tav1926

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tried booting while holding only select; only start; and both select + start. All three simply booted to the main menu.

So strange that everything worked so easily up to step 15. prior to this, my first 3DS tinkering was a few days ago with soundhax.
Try to open Browser settings and Initialize Data.
First, I can't see them, Second, I get stuck at a black screen after starting safehax and having it do its "attempts"
It can take "a few" tries to get it working. A user reported it worked after 50 tries. If it doesn't, ask Ned (Link to his twitter in OP) or we'll have to wait 'till the official release of fasthax.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got black screens after pressing start on step 14. now what?
okay so im stuck on safea9lhinstaller v2.0.3
when i reboot luma doesnt launch,all i get is safea9lhinstaller even after installing it
Download Luma3DS, extract and copy arm9loaderhax.bin to your microSD root. Overwrite anything. That happens when you copy SafeA9LHInstaller's arm9loaderhax.bin to your microSD's root.

Reactions: AlphaNDB

faaaaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It can take "a few" tries to get it working. A user reported it worked after 50 tries. If it doesn't, ask Ned (Link to his twitter in OP) or we'll have to wait 'till the official release of fasthax.

Not sure if you are aware or not since youve been so busy with this all day, but the creator of Safehax knows the black screen is an issue, and stated they know "where" it is hanging, but not "why." So it sounds like it must be a Safehax issue, and/or a Safehax/Fasthax compatibility issue

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying this...so far no good i've gotten to the ctrtransfer part but my N3ds wont boot...it lights up the screen but thats pretty much it...is my 3ds dead for good? :unsure:
By chance, you didn't put your N3DS in Sleep Mode after downgrading to 2.1, did you?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure if you are aware or not since youve been so busy with this all day, but the creator of Safehax knows the black screen is an issue, and stated they know "where" it is hanging, but not "why." So it sounds like it must be a Safehax issue, and/or a Safehax/Fasthax compatibility issue
I saw it a few days ago, but didn't knew it was this issue.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've attempted the "Initialize Data" tip multiple times to no avail. And this black screen I've seen reported elsewhere is at the browser step 15? For some reason I assumed it was at some other point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one