Tutorial  Updated

I have system menu version X, what can I do?

This is a quick summary of the things that can be done on different system versions, since lots of newcomers have asked about what they can do with their 3DS consoles. The information refers to sysNAND running on E, U, and J regions, as other regions may have different exploit properties. Supported exploits are in green, unsupported in red, and partially-supported are in orange. Ones that haven't been filled in are ones I'm not too sure about, if anyone has the answers or spots any errors then please let me know so I can update this table.

Table.png
Updates:
22/01/16
- Added downgrading via hardmod for 10.4+ (thanks Voxel Studios)
23/02/16
- Added 10.6.0-31 entry (thanks Daxtsu)
- Fixed downgrading entry on 4.0.0-7 (thanks Trolling)
- Fixed 6.2.0-12 entry (thanks Voxel Studios)
- Simplified table by combining system versions with same features (thanks Mashers)
27/02/16
- Updated font and general formatting to look prettier
- Added MSET information (thanks Trolling and Ryccardo)
- Extended BrowserHax section to 4.0 (thanks thekarter104)
25/03/16
- Added 10.7.0-32
- Added svchax, OTP extraction, and A9LH
- Extended downgrading to beyond 9.2 (thanks Salamencizer)
- Updated entries for other exploits
10/05/16
- Added 11.0.0-33
- Table is now higher resolution, because reasons
26/06/16
- Added Basehaxx and Freakyhax
- Re-organised items by exploit type
15/10/2016
- Added 11.1.0-34 and updated all entries
- Added BASICSploit, Stickerhax, Supermysteryhax, Humblehax, (V*)hax
- Updated information regarding the use of hard mods and DSiWare for downgrading from recent firmwares
- Fixed a few mistakes (Thanks Gray_Jack)

Old version:
Table.png

3DS Exploits.png

Last edited by NekoMichi,
D

Deleted User

Ah, you might want to make the cell colors in 10.4 and 10.5 'downgrading' yellow and display "hardmod only", since there are ways to downgrade through hardmods on those firmwares. :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically, with ARM9LoaderHax, CFW is possible on 9.3-10.5, but it obviously requires a much lower firmware to even install it (so there's probably no need to mention it). That's a pretty handy chart for vanilla sysNAND.

Edit: Oh, and Smash hax is N3DS only.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: NekoMichi
D

Deleted User

That's better now! ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, hate to nit-pick again, but you have 2 "6.1.0-12" columns. Could be a typo since the next system version up is 6.2, but hey! They both do the same thing. ;)

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make the table simpler by removing the browser version, since nothing in it varies depending on browser version, except for cases where the browser version is low because they updated with a cart--and that isn't in the table in the first place.

Actually, you're probably better off removing the browser number from the table and adding a note to certain items (such as Ninjhax 1) saying "requires browser of similar age to firmware and might not work if you updated with a cart".

You could also make it simpler by having single columns for 1.x through 8.x, since only with 9.x and above does the minor version matter.

Also, mset is missing from the table (although since all versions with mset allow CFW, nobody's bothered to create a homebrew loader for mset.)

Last edited by Jiro2,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
One suggestion I have is to remove the duplicate columns. For example, 1.0 to 3.0.0-6 currently take up seven columns, but contain the same information, so could be collapsed into one column headed '1.0 to 3.0.0-6'. Likewise for '4.0.0-7 to 8.1.0-9', '9.0.0-20 to 9.2.0-20', '9.3.0-21 to 9.4.0-21', '9.5.0-22 to 10.3.0-28' and '10.4.0-29 to 10.5.0-30'. That way the table could be reduced from 44 columns to six.

D

Deleted User

Another suggestion would be add another color for "could be done with this but nobody has implemented it". That would cover 5.x mset and 9.3-9.4 CFW.
That would be pointless, since this guide is for users that want to know what they can currently do.

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It is really a shame. My cousin has that 1.0.0-0U console, he was traveling when the whole 10.3 downgrade fest happened and I lost the chance to update ad downgrade it.

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Of course it is valuable, as he is a child I made it so he can't update the console. Still getting these things to perform hacks and update is a pain here in my country, say less performing a hardmod.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo, you left MSET for those low version lovers, and 6.X deserves a column for that :P

There's a chance the CFW line won't make sense in a month or so.

Looking cool though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)