Hacking [Guide] Everything under the Sky3DS

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmm, I got my flashcartd here https://www.dwtechz.com/
How can I check for sure if the flashcard works or not?

I´v never heard of that website.. But that doesn't mean anything. I heard that there may be some shops selling fake/clones. Have you tried to email the people of sky3ds with your problem?

If you post photos of your card maybe someone can see if its a clone/fake, just a guess..

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any R4 of the latest R4i should be good i guess they got some to choose from on that polish shop too..

I got the R4i with RTS

I was thinking about that one, but whenever I start searching if the cards are still supported with kernel updates I end up confusing myself to no end, lol.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about that one, but whenever I start searching if the cards are still supported with kernel updates I end up confusing myself to no end, lol.

I did not receive mine yet but according to the info i've gotten it shall be all good in the hood. I first bought a Ace3DS Plus plus but it did not support my FW (9.5) even after update so the seller corrected their mistake (they state on their website it support up to 10.x) but they changed their info of their site. And they sent me a R4i RTS card. I think i'll get it on Monday/Tuesday..

Nachox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Nachox,

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering getting a Sky3DS to use on n3ds. I have an o3ds with sysnand 4.5 and rxtools/NTR on Gateway-created emunand.

Is there a way to get my CIA gamesaves into a Sky3DS microsd card? I exported Zelda and Animal Crossing to the SD using the latest NTR.

For Zelda, I get a folder containing 4 files:
Save_0.bin (5.6KB)
Save_1.bin (5.6KB)
Save_2.bin (5.6KB)
SaveCommon.bin (512 bytes)

For ACNL, I get a folder with
exhibition.dat
friend1.dat
garden.dat
mail1.dat

NoResethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I sent an email to sky3ds team but no response yet. Pics of the flashcard
http://i68.tinypic.com/2vufnr5.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/263dl47.jpg

And a video

I am having an R5sdhc card which is almost identical to this flash card.
I do have the same issues and found a partial workaround for the issue.
You press the button and all games come by one by one.
When the game you want to play is in the screen , press the button again and hold for +/- 5 seconds.
Then press the button to play the game.

Now the game loads for me, but the issue is that I will lose all save games when executing this.
I am not sure why this happens :(

Nachox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an R5sdhc card which is almost identical to this flash card.
I do have the same issues and found a partial workaround for the issue.
You press the button and all games come by one by one.
When the game you want to play is in the screen , press the button again and hold for +/- 5 seconds.
Then press the button to play the game.

Now the game loads for me, but the issue is that I will lose all save games when executing this.
I am not sure why this happens :(

I tried holding the button as you suggested, but when I release it is going to cycle to the next game...

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country

Nachox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u remove the logo sticker? It looks not centered.. Could be you got a fake.. apart from this it loos similar to mine..

maybe if u open it and compare to online photos you could see if you got a card with other chip/hw then the original..

No, did not remove the sticker, it came like that.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you! I know the rest of this is *slightly* off-topic but...

Only thing I'm not clear on is the status of my game save. Would it match the game's region or the region I am playing in?

So, if I use regionFIVE to play a Japanese game in the US region I am guessing this makes my saves US saves as I play. So I would not be able to transfer them and use them if I transferred them to the Japanese 3ds and played them with the same cartridge on a Japanese 3ds (even though the game would be in the same region as my 3ds, the save would not be).

It's no big deal if I can't transfer, although as huge as the game is, it will suck if my Japanese 3ds arrives really late and I've already logged several hundred hours into the game. I am guessing there is also no way to change the region of a save either.

Again, thanks for the reply!

If you load a Jap rom in a US 3ds, I believe the save will be the same as your rom (Jap)

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
Based on the above comment is sky 3ds not region locked, I assumed it was so in prep for getting mines (x-mas) I already downloaded a eu (im from da uk) rom of cubix ninja to install homebrew and use smea's region free app with other regionlocked roms, was that unnecessary?

Poshkapish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you load a Jap rom in a US 3ds, I believe the save will be the same as your rom (Jap)
Thanks! I'll give it a shot then when my other 3ds arrives. As long as I back everything up, the worst that could happen would just be that my save doesn't work. That wouldn't bother me too much.

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm considering getting a Sky3DS to use on n3ds. I have an o3ds with sysnand 4.5 and rxtools/NTR on Gateway-created emunand.

Is there a way to get my CIA gamesaves into a Sky3DS microsd card? I exported Zelda and Animal Crossing to the SD using the latest NTR.

For Zelda, I get a folder containing 4 files:
Save_0.bin (5.6KB)
Save_1.bin (5.6KB)
Save_2.bin (5.6KB)
SaveCommon.bin (512 bytes)

For ACNL, I get a folder with
exhibition.dat
friend1.dat
garden.dat
mail1.dat

I might be wrong here (please, someone more knowledgeable correct me if I am) but the Sky3DS can't read .cia files, only .3ds files. I assume this since you talked about "CIA gamesaves". Hopefully someone will reply to you quickly with more in-depth info.

Last edited by Zalexard,

Crime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed many games and have been playing for awhile now. If I install a newer released game on my Sky3DS using a more recent template
file with private header injected, will this mess up my previously installed save files?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've installed many games and have been playing for awhile now. If I install a newer released game on my Sky3DS using a more recent template
file with private header injected, will this mess up my previously installed save files?
you can update your template. Dont worry about it.
The only way to mess your save is if you try to hex edit it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head