realNickPDX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nickpdx.tk
XP
Country
United States
Actually isn't that backwards? If I remember right FAT32 will ONLY let you use capital letters and NOT lower case? Pisses me off every time I format an SD card in FAT32, I hate all capitals.

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit more. Is your reference to the Wii U formatting the card? If it is the Wii U uses it's own proprietary format, it's not FAT32, so the instructions to not use capitals for the Wii U to format it is correct.

Sorry for the late reply-

Yes, I did post this backward. Fat32 WON'T let you have lowercase letters, so it doesn't make sense for the guide to say put lowercase letters when it can confuse people.

SGL3286

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have spent this morning looking for greater details, and even walked through it with a rubber ducky to no avail.

So I setup a SD card trying to follow the instructions from the first post. I go to the website indicated, and wind up with a black screen stating "FSOpenFile failed". Per Brawl345's post, this indicates an issue with the file not being located (more-stable-webhack-for-5-5-2-5-5-3-released.528757)

SD card is brand new, formatted using guiformat.exe, 32768 allocation unit size (default).

Things I have tried:
  • Using autorun.inf to set the label as sd (label=sd)
  • Leaving name blank during format (defaults to Removable Disk)
  • Formatting with SD as the label
  • Lock/unlock the SD card
  • Redownload several times the payload.elf file (directly from u.wiidb)
  • Multiple reboots/resetting of browser data
The WiiU can see the SD card as tested via putting an image of a Mii on it and verifying its presence via the PC.

Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch
- File structure and SD card

What am I missing?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have spent this morning looking for greater details, and even walked through it with a rubber ducky to no avail.

So I setup a SD card trying to follow the instructions from the first post. I go to the website indicated, and wind up with a black screen stating "FSOpenFile failed". Per Brawl345's post, this indicates an issue with the file not being located (more-stable-webhack-for-5-5-2-5-5-3-released.528757)

SD card is brand new, formatted using guiformat.exe, 32768 allocation unit size (default).

Things I have tried:
The WiiU can see the SD card as tested via putting an image of a Mii on it and verifying its presence via the PC.

What am I missing?
The payload.elf file or it isn't in the Wright place

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Things I have tried:

What am I missing?

Things I have tried:

What am I missing?
In verry rare cases your routers security can Block it.make sure you have the Wright filestructure and files.and delete the Wii u webbrowser history

SGL3286

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why file structure is shown in image 2 and 3. Per onlineMD5 my version of the payload has the following hashes for verification:

MD5 is 2DFCDECEE0E5BAF5CD97A062B031F923
SHA-1 A2841C2DFC85177BF6FBAB59B910719FED17A8DC
SHA-256 is D95735BF45E490AE87EB634654F8F372B90661898802851E77D4E412A1A85C65

Also note the bullet points about deleting browser save data already being attempted.

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey I was wondering something about browserhax & mocha cfw.

As I understand it browserhax is the temporary mod method for HBL yup yup all clear there..

I'm wondering if I do browserhax & load mocha am I good from there to load with things like loadiine & whatever usb loading is supported ?

Or even after mocha is loaded would I still need to do the browserhax on every reboot.. go into HBL & launch mocha.. ?

Thanks much /salute

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey I was wondering something about browserhax & mocha cfw.

As I understand it browserhax is the temporary mod method for HBL yup yup all clear there..

I'm wondering if I do browserhax & load mocha am I good from there to load with things like loadiine & whatever usb loading is supported ?

Or even after mocha is loaded would I still need to do the browserhax on every reboot.. go into HBL & launch mocha.. ?

Thanks much /salute

install haxchi.

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thats why file structure is shown in image 2 and 3. Per onlineMD5 my version of the payload has the following hashes for verification:

MD5 is 2DFCDECEE0E5BAF5CD97A062B031F923
SHA-1 A2841C2DFC85177BF6FBAB59B910719FED17A8DC
SHA-256 is D95735BF45E490AE87EB634654F8F372B90661898802851E77D4E412A1A85C65

Also note the bullet points about deleting browser save data already being attempted.
everything seems ok,the letter H is assigned by the compute or you ?did you try using another adapter.
try this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/more-stable-webhack-for-5-5-2-5-5-3-released.528757/ for liftoff you can then continue with this guide
(delete the payload.elf and the homebrew launcher stuff and replace it with the ones from this guide)
check the slot of the wii u for dust build up

Last edited by hemi426,

SGL3286

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything seems ok,the letter H is assigned by the compute or you ?did you try using another adapter.
try this guide<link removed> for liftoff you can then continue with this guide
(delete the payload.elf and the homebrew launcher stuff and replace it with the ones from this guide)
check the slot of the wii u for dust build up

The H:/ is computer assigned, I have 4 logical disk drives, and a DVD-RW drive, so C, D, E, F, G are all assigned. I don't have another adapter but could look at that.

Using the other instructions figured out the mistake. So apparently the FSOpenFile can ALSO refer to not locating the homebrew_launcher.elf which in my case was caused by downloading the v2.1 RPX version of the homebrew_launcher, not the v1.4.

Suggestion for OP: Change your HERE link to the .zip of the desired launcher, not the releases.

Downloading the HBLv1.4 got me into the launcher properly.

Reactions: hemi426

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The H:/ is computer assigned, I have 4 logical disk drives, and a DVD-RW drive, so C, D, E, F, G are all assigned. I don't have another adapter but could look at that.

Using the other instructions figured out the mistake. So apparently the FSOpenFile can ALSO refer to not locating the homebrew_launcher.elf which in my case was caused by downloading the v2.1 RPX version of the homebrew_launcher, not the v1.4.

Suggestion for OP: Change your HERE link to the .zip of the desired launcher, not the releases.

Downloading the HBLv1.4 got me into the launcher properly.
Nice to hear you made it work

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WUP Installer Method (formally known as "The Brazilian Method"): Games can be played from the Wii U main menu. Allows for online play. Games can be installed on either internal memory or USB. Free DLC is NOT available with this method on unpatched sysNAND but DLC that you've paid for works just fine. VC games are NOT installable with this method unless you use a CFW with sigpatches (CBHC, Haxchi, or redNAND)
Can I load games from a USB drive with WUPInstaller ?

I also see it mentioned often to convert a USB drive to WiiU Format..

How ? I'm not finding any of the guides & threads specifying this..

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I load games from a USB drive with WUPInstaller ?

I also see it mentioned often to convert a USB drive to WiiU Format..

How ? I'm not finding any of the guides & threads specifying this..
put the usb device in the usb port of your wiiu and go in settings(somewhere in data management ,it's been a while) and let the wii u format (the device(you will lose everything on the usb device and will become unreadable to computer).
you can load games from usb when installed with wup,i believe thats in the tut

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put the usb device in the usb port of your wiiu and go in settings(somewhere in data management ,it's been a while) and let the wii u format (the device(you will lose everything on the usb device and will become unreadable to computer).
you can load games from usb when installed with wup,i believe thats in the tut
So you can still plug the Wii-U formatted drive into a PC to be downloading the games to with WII USB Helper or similar utilities ?

Thanks much for the info thus far :-)

-Edit oh wait it seems you said will be unreadable to the PC.. understood.

How do I get the games from my downloaded Wii USB Helper to the Wii-U drive ?

Last edited by jaladhjin,

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So you can still plug the Wii-U formatted drive into a PC to be downloading the games to with WII USB Helper or similar utilities ?

Thanks much for the info thus far :-)

-Edit oh wait it seems you said will be unreadable to the PC.. understood.

How do I get the games from my downloaded Wii USB Helper to the Wii-U drive ?
download with usbhelper or an site,put them on yous sd card(make sure the file structure is correct and no symbols) ;run wupinstaller on your wiiu ;install to usb ;your done

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download with usbhelper or an site,put them on yous sd card(make sure the file structure is correct and no symbols) ;run wupinstaller on your wiiu ;install to usb ;your done

Sounds easy enough tyvm :-)

Wii-U games only with this method ?

Any other platform Wii, GC, Snes etc = vWii stuff & emulators inside vWii ?

I'm getting to that next once I load up Wii-U games ^_^

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sounds easy enough tyvm :-)

Wii-U games only with this method ?

Any other platform Wii, GC, Snes etc = vWii stuff & emulators inside vWii ?

I'm getting to that next once I load up Wii-U games ^_^
usbloader has many wii,nes and snes game,i use retroarch for the missing nes and snes and wii vcscript injector for gc an the other wii games because with wii vc you can use the wiiu gamepad as gc controller an the vwii side doesn't has to be hacked

Reactions: jaladhjin

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usbloader has many wii,nes and snes game,i use retroarch for the missing nes and snes and wii vcscript injector for gc an the other wii games because with wii vc you can use the wiiu gamepad as gc controller an the vwii side doesn't has to be hacked
So the USB Helper seems to have more than Wii-U games in there..

GC for example..

Won't work with Wup Installer & have to be injected into vWii ?

Only Wii-U games on the Wii-U side.. everything else on vWii side ?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the USB Helper seems to have more than Wii-U games in there..

GC for example..

Won't work with Wup Installer & have to be injected into vWii ?

Only Wii-U games on the Wii-U side.. everything else on vWii side ?
with wii vc injector the wii&gc are installed like a wiiu game ,but they are injected in the vwii(doesn't need to be hacked).you only need techmoons vc injector and the iso's of the game,...and you need to be in cfw ,gc games on usbhelper are for nintendon't and do not have the game itself.only gc,nes,snes,wii games that where made for the virtual console by nintendo will work on your wiiu using usbhelper.
link for wii vc injector;https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

chrisa1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i have installed CBHC and just want to know if i can install NTSC games on my PAL system from usb helper ?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Afrocandy looks like a good movie