Homebrew GUI mod for WiiMC

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I have asked around on here and have also seen many others ask also , for a mod to wiimc that allows for a coverflow style of browsing your media , no one seems to have picked up on this idea although there seems to be a fair bit of interest in having the faciliy. Im not asking for someone to do this for me as i know what the replies will be , (along the lines of do it yourself) lol.

My question is therefore , seeing as most if not all of the USB loaders use this visual style for the games , is that specific part of the loaders i..e the scrolling gui script a standalone code that can be incorporated into 3rd party scripts or has each and every DEV made their own version of it. I have seen someone mention maybe pulling this code from an open source loader , but i was wondering if it exists aleady in a format ready to implement into other homebrew. I have no clue where to start but if this would benefit my young kids to choose their own films etc then ill sure give it a go lol. Even if it can be done to a stage where video and corresponding images(covers) have to be manually renamed to marry up. Not bothered so much about the faciliy to auto d/l from some site or other and all that jazz.

I did try checking with the wiimc forums to see what development had been tried there , seems to be down. Im also quite surprised that tantric didnt alreayd incorporate this kinda feature , im sure it musta been mentioned several times in the haunts he hangs in.

Anyways thats it , love to hear peoples comments on this as most other threads seem to just die on this subject.

edit : ideal world for my nippers would be actually either wiiflow to play movies or wiimc to load wii games also ..lol. < thats my kids input on this :s

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit : ideal world for my nippers would be actually either
c204.gif
wiiflow to play movies or wiimc to load wii games also ..lol. < thats my kids input on this :s
you must not have played with wiiflow then. wiiflow has what your asking for. with the mplayerce plug in.added.. ( the same player wiimc is based off of.)..

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what your saying wiiflow has a mod that will allow movie/media playing with coverflow ?
yep.
stop by an look. i've been using it for a week. have 400 movies on my hd. an they all show covers. in a coverflow. just as the wii games do with wiiflow.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks a bunch shortz .. worked great . just struggling with cover directories... default is mplayerce .. but not sure on location of that.. i have tried most places lol.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
ok so for example i have homemovie.avi on USB , i therefore have a file named homemovie.png in the directory you mentioned ? cuz it dont seem to work that way.. or something completely different ?

this really cant be this complex lol .. its almost 3am .. so im v tired.

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you just need to add the movie extention to the png filename
ex: homemovie.avi has cover homemovie.avi.png in folder wiiflow/boxcovers/mplayerce/

Reactions: 1 person

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i cant get my movies or covers to show up...all my images are in wiiflow/boxcovers/"related emu" all named with the original file with extension in the name...picture.ext.png....what am i missing?

i forgot to mention that the ini's are setup to those locations...

JanosValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately Mplayer seems to have inferior USB device compatibility to WiiMC I just tested and WiiMC will launch movies from a PNY 128GB Flash Drive that Mplayer won't. Both display the contents on the flash drive but only one will actually run the movies, the other just reboots to menu.

So if anyone knows how to set WiiMC up to run in coverflow, I'm currently trying to figure that out.

Alternately if anyone has a modded Mplayer version that can read USB drives better I'd like to get it.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't suppose you could share your Wiiflow movie covers? I'm kinda surprised a thread for such thing never popped up.
I spent ages going through pictures and editing them with photo shop for my wiiflow dvd covers. Would you like me to upload them somewhere for you?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately Mplayer seems to have inferior USB device compatibility to WiiMC I just tested and WiiMC will launch movies from a PNY 128GB Flash Drive that Mplayer won't. Both display the contents on the flash drive but only one will actually run the movies, the other just reboots to menu.

So if anyone knows how to set WiiMC up to run in coverflow, I'm currently trying to figure that out.

Alternately if anyone has a modded Mplayer version that can read USB drives better I'd like to get it.
I think you need wiimc setup in your apps folder. Also inside wiiflow plugins you need the wiimc.ini set to load which dol file you want loaded

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jammybudga777, I'd love to see your movie covers uploaded somewhere. Or even possibly a new thread for just movie covers we can all contribute to. I've got quite a few myself. (^ ^)

...Also, really not meaning to change the subject, but on a related note; Jammy, could you possibly tell us how most of your videos are encoded (resolution, container, etc)?

All my videos, no matter how they're encoded, look like they're playing at 20-25fps in MplayerCE, but they play real smooth in WiiMC. =\

Reactions: Drak0rex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Okay elvis