Homebrew RELEASE GUI for NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I can't generate NSP files at all. I installed and updated the MSYS2 library first as I've seen it suggested/recommended when googling around. This has been my process.
-Download and unpack zip
-Copy prod.keys on the root folder
-Run the exe and fill in until it looks like this
View attachment 284069
-When I hit "create folder", it opens a new NSP folder, completely empty
-Close the program
-Copy Menu 0.12 beta.au3 from the "AU3 Script Files" to the root folder
-Run exe, fill in, create forwarder, empty folder
-Rename "Menu 0.12 beta.au3" as "Menu.au3"
-Run exe, fill in, create forwarder, empty folder
-Start from scratch using a different nro (which would be in the /switch/ folder of the SD card) that also uses a JPG icon instead (in both cases, the icons were 256x256px) and repeat all steps

I have yet to produce a single forwarder.
Looks to me that your not setting a proper nro path. Should look like sd/switch ect…. You just have it blank basically so it’s not saving to a destination

Ponpokopoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Looks to me that your not setting a proper nro path. Should look like sd/switch ect…. You just have it blank basically so it’s not saving to a destination
Is that how it works? If the path is invalid it pretends to build the NSP but actually doesn't?
The default message and the examples in the first post don't include the root drive in the path, just the folder and file, so I didn't either. In my provided example, homebrew.nro was on the root on the SD card so there was no extra path to write. For others I did write stuff like "switch/JKSV.nro" but it never worked.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that how it works? If the path is invalid it pretends to build the NSP but actually doesn't?
The default message and the examples in the first post don't include the root drive in the path, just the folder and file, so I didn't either. In my provided example, homebrew.nro was on the root on the SD card so there was no extra path to write. For others I did write stuff like "switch/JKSV.nro" but it never worked.
Yeah your path is set wrong. See if this helps

ShoK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the configurations in the Retroch Core. How are they added?
Menu_0.12_beta_6FCivIQRbN.png

Application Name: Name of the game you want displayed.
Author Name: You or whoever/whatever you want here
Title ID: Hit the random key to generate an ID
Icon Path: Where you have the icon you want used when you select the game.
Logo Path: Small logo you see when you boot the game. On the upper left corner will be your logo and the standard switch animation on the bottom right. You can customize the upper left logo as long as you are within the parameters.

Disable Image Conversion: I keep this checked because I keep my images saved to the parameters of the application (256x256 for icons, 160x40 for logos). I have heard that enabling the image conversion results in more artifacts in the image but I can be wrong. However, if you're having images show up as "?", try this checked on.

Custom prod.keys location: I like keeping the prod.keys in the root folder of the app.

Forwarder Options: Check the Retroarch Rom Forwarder for this usage.
Core Path: This is the path on your sd card from the root to the core you want to use for the rom. In this case, I am pointing the forwarder to use fbneo_libretro_libnx.nro, which is the Final Burn Neo core.
Rom Path: This is the location of your rom you want to use with the core you selected in the previous step. In this example, my roms folder is in the root of my sd card and I point the forwarder to find the specific rom I want. In this case, it's X-Men Vs Street Fighter.

Create the Forwarder and install as normal.

2021120712082300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Best of luck!

Edit: As for core configurations in retroarch, I use per-core overrides or per-game overrides as needed.

Last edited by ShoK,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
View attachment 288720

Logo Path: Small logo you see when you boot the game. On the upper left corner will be your logo and the standard switch animation on the bottom right. You can customize the upper left logo as long as you are within the parameters.

Disable Image Conversion: I keep this checked because I keep my images saved to the parameters of the application (256x256 for icons, 160x40 for logos). I have heard that enabling the image conversion results in more artifacts in the image but I can be wrong. However, if you're having images show up as "?", try this checked on.

Custom prod.keys location: I like keeping the prod.keys in the root folder of the app.

Core Path: This is the path on your sd card from the root to the core you want to use for the rom. In this case, I am pointing the forwarder to use fbneo_libretro_libnx.nro, which is the Final Burn Neo core.
Rom Path: This is the location of your rom you want to use with the core you selected in the previous step. In this example, my roms folder is in the root of my sd card and I point the forwarder to find the specific rom I want. In this case, it's X-Men Vs Street Fighter.

View attachment 288721

Best of luck!

Edit: As for core configurations in retroarch, I use per-core overrides or per-game overrides as needed.
Thanks, although my intention was to contain everything in one NSP. Retroarch is not able to read the folder Content: / or Romfs: / in the ID of the application that is running

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To me it doesn't work. Tried multiple times to generate a retroarch forwarder for a gba rom. It just opens the "nsp" directory completely empty. Saw some people having the same issue and tried their solution but nothing. Both the core and the gba paths are correct, idk what to do about it.

I'm using latest version, tried redumping my prod.keys but didnt work. Core path is "retroarch/cores/mgba_libretro_libnx.nro". Rom path is "roms/gaia.gba". Tried adding "/" at the beginning but didnt work. Application name doesnt have weird symbols, just plain "Pokemon Gaia" without é. Icon is 256x256 jpg. I created it by myself using photoshop.

Last edited by Tsunn7,

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, thank you for this great tool.

I managed to get a RetroArch forwarder and an HBmenu forwarder to work easily. But with SUPER MARIO WAR the same issue hits me:

Thanks for the app!
Yesterday I did some forwarders for my gba games with mgba emulator, but today when I tried to do some more it returns me this error screen on switch:
View attachment 279324
I've double check all the steps, including the paths, but I can't make it work... Very strange, because yesterday i did more then 10 forwarders and everything was fine, but today none is working.
Can someone help me? Thanks a lot!

The system kicks me out of the game before even starting it. I can see the custom logo in the upper left for a brief moment and here we go.^^

To check if the error occurs because of one of the pictures used I tried the following:
- I created an NSP file with the previous working hbmenu thumbnail
- I created an NSP file with the previous working logo picture
- I created an NSP file with both of the previous working pictures.

But the game just refuses to start. I checked the NRO file via HBmenu and there it works properly. The file location is in switch/smw/smw.nro if that helps figuring out what the problem is. To check if there's a problem with the path, the next step I'm going for will be switching out the smw NRO with the HBmenu NRO. I will let you know later.

New Version added to the first post, Includes the option to disable the image conversion process. You MUST click the Disable Image conversion BEFORE selecting your images. Hopefully this will help those of you who are getting ? icons on your forwarders

The Icon file must be a 256 x 256 Pixel JPG
The Logo file must be a 160 x 40 Pixel PNG

If you are using the Disable Image Conversion option

Thank you very much. Is there any file size restriction for either picture? Just in case.

Thx in advance.

Greetings from Germany,
TuF

Fusio9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I created a forwarder for hbmenu. It works, but when then I try to open NXThemes I get an error. If I open hbmenu by opening a game while holding R, it works.

When opening via forwarder hbmenu shows "nx-hbloader v1.0.0", while when opening via holding R it shows 2.4.1... do I need to update something in this tool?

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I created a forwarder for hbmenu. It works, but when then I try to open NXThemes I get an error. If I open hbmenu by opening a game while holding R, it works.

When opening via forwarder hbmenu shows "nx-hbloader v1.0.0", while when opening via holding R it shows 2.4.1... do I need to update something in this tool?
There is an issue with forwarders of any kind with NXTheme it doesn't matter if its directly to the app or to hbmenu. if you want to use NXTheme bring up the hbmenu by holding right shoulder button while load a game.

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
help, im trying to create retoarch forwarders they create, i install and when i load i get "could not start the software, please try again blah blah blah" any ideas please

thalyy720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
help, im trying to create retoarch forwarders they create, i install and when i load i get "could not start the software, please try again blah blah blah" any ideas please

Having the exact same problem, I thought it could be a problem with the icon I chose but, doesn't appear to be the case, in fact, I tried using a different one from an app that did work when I injected it and, still no luck, I dumped my prod.keys and, they are on the correct place, so are the game paths, I could get Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic 3 A.I.R. to work, tried RetroArch, Super Mario War and, forwarding RetroArch roms but, it just gives me the error every time, hopefully a solution is found soon.

bahgee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 288720

View attachment 288721

Best of luck!

This is great! Did you create the icons you use or are they available to download somewhere?

LiMaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using this I successfully created forwarders. Unfortunately no matter what I tried I couldn't get the gui to not compress the icon quality.

- checking the tick box before selecting image.
- creating image in photoshop with stripped image data
- even re-saving jpg with paint.

Everything else works, but I just resulted to using SAK and using this to generate the title id's as I think SAK's generator is borked. Thanks for the gui.

Maverick074

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, the forwarder just stopped working. I have no idea why, I'm doing the same exact process for every inject, but the injects just stopped working. I've rebooted the console, the program, the PC, but have had absolutely no progress. Can anyone help?

Reactions: Kirbtastic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.