Homebrew RELEASE GUI for NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's odd I've not had anyone else have that issue. I'll post a version 0.8 Beta in a minute.. It'll just have the changes provided by @shadow256 and a little bit of a code tidy. I'll also post an AIO version which should have all of the files posted by @mpham and @Meliodas2255 and my Gui in the correct places, you'll just need to provide your prod.keys file

Version 0.8beta files should be uploaded now.. However I had a thought, its possible the conversion isn't working because you don't have full permission to the folder your running from, Right click the menu.exe and run as administrator might solve this issue for you.

same result,i always end with a working forwarder and a ? icon,tried different formats,programs and even mspaint suggested by the gui and always end in convertion error

dupdup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't get it to work properly. Creating the NSP works, even with logo etc but the switch refuses to open fully launch it.

After a few seconds the switch just gives the error:
The Software Was Closed Because An Error Occurred
I'm on AMS 19.5

UPDATE:

Got it to work after having the wrong directoy. My only problem is that it always force closes itself when i close an app.

Let me explain, i'm using this as the HBMENU forwarder. WHen i use goldleaf, HB app store etc and close these apps, the forwarder will close itself with the same error.

The Software Was Closed Because An Error Occurred

Last edited by dupdup,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've made a 0.9 Beta version witch should fix the bug for the custom prod.keys path not always working (I've tested it very quickly so this should be confirmed). This version also include few more changes that are detailed in the joined script's changelog.

dupdup :

To launch the Homebrew Menu via a forwarder you should use the forwarder created by The-4n, you can find it here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/

This forwarder work correctly and if you launch a homebrew via this forwarder it could be exited and you will return to the Homebrew Menu without error.

Attachments

• Menu_v0.9 Beta.au3.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by shadow256,
Reactions: chronoss

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This works for me but I keep getting this error "Icon image Format incorrect" therefore the image does not render after installation but the game boots like a native app. It works now after setting the image to 256x

Last edited by AdmiralBloo,

cheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway we could get an nro or apk with this application. I'd love to be able to make forwarders on my phone and switch itself as well.

Reactions: Empty02

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ton of nsp forwarders that I made a long time ago with custom artwork for each game. Is there a way to convert my existing nsp files to work with newer firmware?

tman708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any ideas why when I go to install a NSP I am getting an error about firmware not being high enough and missing sigpatches?

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After some investigations it seems that the problem with specials characters in the name or in the author of the forwarder comes from Hacbrewpack witch doesn't rewrite correctly the "control.nacp" file. I've written a python script that rewrite the file and I haven't this problem anymore with my script integrated in my Ultimate-Switch-Hack-Script but this solution should be adapted for the au3 script (the file must be patched before injection and the params for the name and the author should be deleted from the Hacbrewpack command).

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've made the Autoit script witch modify the control.nacp file, now special characters should be displayed correctly. I've also fixed the prod.keys detection problems and some other minor bugs. You can find the version 0.10 Beta joined to this post.

Attachments

• Menu_0.10B.au3.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 118

ElkinGuns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made the Autoit script witch modify the control.nacp file, now special characters should be displayed correctly. I've also fixed the prod.keys detection problems and some other minor bugs. You can find the version 0.10 Beta joined to this post.

Hello, i compile it but i can't do it works. you can upload a file containing all necesary files??

i`m trying to compile a NSP for load games from nes folder on swith

Last edited by ElkinGuns,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i compile it but i can't do it works. you can upload a file containing all necesary files??

i`m trying to compile a NSP for load games from nes folder on swith
The necessary files are the same for original version and my version.

What problem do you encounter? If you have error messages, write tehm here, it will be more easy to help you with some infos.

MANGOM1LK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance for an image conversion toggle? The tool likes to compress the crap out of my icons and I did some experimenting with the original non-GUI version of the tool; I was able to get that one to leave the icon alone

Reactions: pcwizard7

ElkinGuns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The necessary files are the same for original version and my version.

What problem do you encounter? If you have error messages, write tehm here, it will be more easy to help you with some infos.

i found an error, having so much files on logo folder, the file doesnt compile. i left only 2 files (NintendoLogo.png - StartupMovie.gif) and now compiles. i dont know why. but i can compile now. thankss

Gizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New guy here :D
I tried the GUI version and the original CMD version. Besides the problem with the not included logo (haven't read the thread regarding this issue yet), the nsps don't work at all. I am using emunand and updated everything including the firmware today. I dumped the prod.keys from the emunand then via lockpick, but it doesn't work either...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them