EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Version (v0.12 Beta) 4th Oct 2021 - See Changelog For Updates - AIO Version Includes All files from @mpham & @Meliodas2255 Massive Thanks to @shadow256 for Updates

Standard.pngRetroarch.png

I've added an option to skip image conversion you WILL need to provide the Icon file as a 256 x 256 Pixel JPG and if you use it the Logo file it must be a 160 x 40 Pixel PNG
NOTE!! You MUST tick the Disable Image Conversion option BEFORE choosing your image files

GUI for the NSP Forwarder Tool for 12+ that @mpham posted. I'm not the best at programming so this is done with AutoIT I've attached a Compiled exe version and the Script to compile it yourself

Important you WILL need the prod.keys file generated by Lockpick_RCM

15th Sept 2021
- Big thank you to @shadow256 for continuing to update this in my absence, I've got some ongoing health issues which have meant I'm not able to get on the PC as much as I'd like, I've just put together an updated v0.10b AIO version from the script (AU3) posted by @shadow256 I've only had time to do a quick test but it seems to be working well.

Features
  • Build NSP Forwarders for NRO and RetroArch Rom's
  • Accepts PNG, JPG/JPEG, BMP, GIF and TIF Images for the Icon and Logo
  • Automatically Resizes and Converts Icon and Logo to the correct dimensions (The Icon should be at least roughly square and the Logo should be wider than tall to look acceptable) but any will work
  • Allows prod.keys to be located anywhere
  • Generates a Random TitleID or can be entered manually

Change Log

• First Release
  • Fixed Random Key generation
  • Added error checks for Name, Author and Icon Path have been entered
  • Switched from creating a batch file and running it to running the commands directly
  • Fixed missing prod.key custom path options
  • Cleaning up after creating the forwarder,
  • Restores NintendoLogo.png to default,
  • Create new blank versions of nextArgv and nextNroPath
  • Delete nacbrewpack_backup Directory
  • Delete icon_AmericanEnglish.dat
  • Delete TempIcon and TempLogo
  • Added Image conversion to the correct format and resolution
  • Tidy up menu allignment
  • Added error checks on Path Lengths above 256 Characters long to Icon, Logo and Prod.key browse dialogs
  • Added error check that Icon and Logo images are converted correctly
  • Added option to open Icon and Logo in MSPaint as a sanity check also adds the suggestion to save out as a png, MSPaint Seems to be less fussy over filee types than the fuctions built into AutoIt
  • Added changelog & known issues to Script

0.6_Diagnose
  • Copy TempIcon, TempLogo, icon_AmericanEnglish.dat, NintendoLogo and creates a txt file with the command string passed to hactool in out.txt
  • Diabled Diagnose Routine in standard, see notes in script to enable
  • Error in TitleID generation (hopefully fixed) TitleID will now start 02-09 then random and end 2000, this should fix NSP generation Thank you @duckbill007 for pointing out my error
0.8 Beta
  • Reorganize GUI to be More usable with screen readers, tested with NVDA Changes provided by @shadow256 (Thank You)
  • Removed Old Unused code
0.9 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Change some path treatements, should fix some bugs like the bug of custom prod.keys path not always working
  • Path for files pointed by the forwarder doesn't require anymore the "/" at the beginning of them
  • Rewrite text of some labels
  • Other minor changes
0.10 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Prod.keys should work properly.
  • Special characters should be displayed correctly
  • Fix some other bugs
0.11 Beta Updates by @shadow256
  • Default logo file and his backup will not be deleted anymore at the end of the process, should prevent for some big problems
0.12 Beta
  • Tidied up Menu Title
  • Added option to disable icon conversion, Tick the checkbox BEFORE selecting your images (I need to rework the menu to make this option easier)
  • Cleanup of files also added to the close (X) button

Known Issues
  • Some forwarders are created with ? logo when installed on the switch, 0.12 Beta adds an option to disable the image conversion completely as a workaround as no rootcause has been identified

There's probably 100's of ways to break it so backup any files first

Added a couple of Logo.png files I created

LibRetroLogo.png and HBMenu.png, use them with the Logo Path option, they show up top left when you start the forwarder

HBMenu.png LibRetroLogo.png

Total Virus Report

Version 0.12 Beta

Attachments

• Menu_v0.12b_AIO.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 178
  • Menu 0.12 Beta AU3 Script.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by EddCase,

pofehof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the GUI! Made it very easy to create Retroarch forwarders, and they work on FW 12.0.1/AMS 0.19.2 without any issue. Only thing is when creating them, I had to keep on running GUI_Build.bat after hitting "Create Forwarder", but you already noted that issue.

Reactions: bonoboy

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@EddCase is Videocapture on with your great app or disabled?
If you use the control files posted by @Meliodas2255 in the original thread I believe it removes the 64Mb Save creation and Videocapture issues https://gbatemp.net/attachments/control-zip.261301/

Just overwrite the control.nacp in the control folder with the one in this zip file

Thanks a lot for the GUI! Made it very easy to create Retroarch forwarders, and they work on FW 12.0.1/AMS 0.19.2 without any issue. Only thing is when creating them, I had to keep on running GUI_Build.bat after hitting "Create Forwarder", but you already noted that issue.

I got it to work most of the time for me, I don't know why it's still having issues maybe try adding #RequireAdmin to the top of the Script file and rebuilding it with AutoIT or even just try running the Menu.exe by right clicking and run as administrator

There are alternative ways of running the commands

ShellExecuteWait

instead of

RunWait

within the Script

I've fixed this in version 0.3 (I think, I just need to test it a bit before I post the update)

This was supposed to be just a quick thing but took me longer than it should have, I'm off to bed now if no one comes up with a fix I'll look into it when I get a chance but that probably won't be till Thursday as it's my Wedding Anniversary tomorrow and the wife might leave me if I don't pay her attention :-D

Last edited by EddCase,

Dhillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have followed all the above steps but every time I build the forwarder [Standard Nro Forwarder] the file size of the NSP is 484kb, normally it should be 676kb. When I install the NSP that I generated from your tool, I get a blank icon and cant start the software. I have followed all the steps, set the path of the Nro etc but still no luck. Also for the tool, the browse button doesn't work when selecting a custom prod.key location. Also, could you add an option to input the version of the NSP too? thanks.

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I have followed all the above steps but every time I build the forwarder [Standard Nro Forwarder] the file size of the NSP is 484kb, normally it should be 676kb. When I install the NSP that I generated from your tool, I get a blank icon and cant start the software. I have followed all the steps, set the path of the Nro etc but still no luck. Also for the tool, the browse button doesn't work when selecting a custom prod.key location. Also, could you add an option to input the version of the NSP too? thanks.

Opps, I must have forgotten about the Custom prod.keys browse menu I'll add it to the list when I get the chance (for now just copy your prod.keys into the same directory as menu.exe... All this is, is a gui for the tools provided by @mpham which is based on hacbrewpack by @The-4n
so follow their instructions for getting the icon file correct it should be a 256 x 256 jpg/jpeg without any exif data so open your icon in paint save it as a bmp then open the bmp and save it out as a jpg/jpeg
If you can provide me with the details on how to set the version number I can certainly try and add it but I can't promise anything. Alternatively I've posted my AutoIT script file in the original post feel free to modify it, it would be nice to get a credit in anything you make of it though

On the subject of file size mine varies depending on the Logo and Icon images I use, but a standard working forwarder for me is around 330kb

Last edited by EddCase,
Reactions: Dhillon

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've started putting together a quick GUI for the NSP Forwarder Tool for 12+ that @mpham posted. I'm not the best at programming so this is done with AutoIT I'll post the exe and the script file once its complete.

So I've got an early version working, put the menu.exe in the same directory as Build.bat from @mpham files

There's probably 100's of ways to break it so backup any files first

Known Issues
If it fails to build anything try running the GUI_Build.bat it creates in the same directory as the Menu.exe (I've Fixed this in v0.3 I need to test this more before I post the update)
Custom prod.keys browse menu doesn't work
Spacing between lines uneven (purely cosmetic but I'll get to it at some point)

Fixed Issues
It doesn't like spaces in anything (Mostly Fixed - There still could be issues if the core path has a space in it)
It doesn't update the icon if one has already been created
Retroarch forwarders (Should work fine albeit with the possible core path space issue)

New Version 0.2 I think all the major features are now working

Added a couple of Logo.png files I created

LibRetroLogo.png and HBMenu.png, use them with the Logo Path option, they show up top left when you start the forwarder

Added My Script Menu.au3
Unless there is some major issues I'll probably not be updating this but feel free to do what you want with the script just a little credit in your modifications would be nice :-D
Well i was wondering if I would downgrade my console since FW stop working on 12.0 and now you saved my day,thanks a lot man

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not outputting anything, is there something i'm forgetting? does it need to be in the C:/ drive root?

There was/is an issue where it wan't running correctly and you had to manually run the GUI_Build.bat

I have uploaded a version 0.3 it should fix the not outputting anything issue. It's not had a huge amount of testing though

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icons kept showing ? when installed. I don't know where i made a mistake

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

icons kept showing ? after installation of nsp. I don't know where I made a mistake.

EddCase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icons kept showing ? when installed. I don't know where i made a mistake

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

icons kept showing ? after installation of nsp. I don't know where I made a mistake.

Sounds like there's an issue with your Icon files, they must be 256 x 256 pixels and have no exif data and be saved as a jpg.

Take a look here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gui-for-nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.588018/#post-9463946

it might help :-D

if not attach an example of the icons you are using it might help me figure out any issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr