ROM Hack GTA Trilogy modding

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
normal mods for the GTA Trology:DE should work with the switch version with layerdfs not all tho but this person did a overlay for the trilogy on the switch:

its not out yet but it should be out anytime soon probably tomorrow, im really looking forward for this project

arent those just the regular cheatcodes that are avialble since the first console release?
looks like a tesla overlay that rapidly inputs these key combinations. You could find those on any cheat site. Neat, but has nothing to do with modding.

Kaezzine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
arent those just the regular cheatcodes that are avialble since the first console release?
looks like a tesla overlay that rapidly inputs these key combinations. You could find those on any cheat site. Neat, but has nothing to do with modding.
Implementing these cheat codes into a mod format being a "Tesla Overlay" is considered a mod.
A basic one at that but a useful one nonetheless in these early release days.
#Technically.

Last edited by Kaezzine,
Reactions: Staark

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Implementing these cheat codes into a mod format being a "Tesla Overlay" is considering a mod.
A basic one at that but a useful one nonetheless in these early release days.
#Technically.
patches, conversions, additions and such are considered mods because they modify the game in some way. Those cheats are in the game and are intended to be used by consumers. That overlay is just a fancy way to input them. Would you consider it a mod if a friend of yours inputs the cheats with your controler? no.
I'd agree if it were cheats that hook into the ram and modify values but this isnt the case.

Neat? Yeah. A mod? no
#Technically.

Reactions: masagrator

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see the add my own music/mp3 as a custom station feature, on GTA trilogy Switch. They had this feature before on other platforms for these 3 games, maybe it's still in the game code, and we need to just create a folder for it to read our own mp3 files. Please somebody find and/or make a mod for this!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Yeseah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal mods for the GTA Trology:DE should work with the switch version with layerdfs not all tho but this person did a overlay for the trilogy on the switch:

its not out yet but it should be out anytime soon probably tomorrow, im really looking forward for this project

Thank you so much for this!

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive looked at the code and i was wrong. He actually is modifying the ram to cheat.
Its weird because its harder to do but its also neat because he is able to create custom cheats. His video showed no signs of custom cheats so i assumed he was going the easy route. Huh.

I dont know a lot about ram editing but i think the adresses could change across versions?
If yes it means he would need to either check the version and choose adresses depending on it or maintain multiple versions of the overlay. what a nightmare that is.

Last edited by Slluxx,
  • Haha
Reactions: ZER-O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse