1. ital

OP ital GBAtemp Maniac

Haven't got round to installing any of these yet myself but I noticed this little freeze/slowdown in the video at 51 seconds:

Is that a common experience in these ports for those that have played them? Also are there any glitches, FPS drops or other factors that detract from the experience?

2. stranno

stranno GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Probably real-time shader compilation stutter.

ital, simbin and SuperDan like this.
  3. aytug25

aytug25 GBAtemp Fan

I'm copying this text frrom fl0w's github page, gta sa readme page. it is written on tips and tricks part. You can check it

In order to reduce occasional stutters in-game, delete both ux0:data/gtasa/scache_small_low.txt and ux0:data/gtasa/scache_small.txt, then create a copy of the ux0:data/gtasa/scache.txt file to have two version of it. (for example scache(1).txt so in the end you end up with both scache.txt and scache(1).txt inside the ux0:data/gtasa/ folder), then rename scache.txt to scache_small.txt and scache(1).txt to scache_small_low.txt . This will however make the loading screen longer since it needs to compile more shaders ahead.

ital likes this.
  4. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    exactly This !!!! no stutter here

5. ital

OP ital GBAtemp Maniac

Great. I can't stand imperfections like this so glad its been handled.

SuperDan likes this.
  6. SuperDan

United States
    And They Are Just Going to get better with Updates ...im hoping for future mod MODS ..Skins but most of all a FULL HD Texture Pack ..

7. Haytham

Haytham Member
    Newcomer

Morocco
    how can i stop that frame drop 5 fps when i get into a car

SuperDan likes this.
  8. SuperDan

United States
    In order to reduce occasional stutters in-game, delete both ux0:data/gtasa/scache_small_low.txt and ux0:data/gtasa/scache_small.txt, then create a copy of the ux0:data/gtasa/scache.txt file to have two version of it. (for example scache(1).txt so in the end you end up with both scache.txt and scache(1).txt inside the ux0:data/gtasa/ folder), then rename scache.txt to scache_small.txt and scache(1).txt to scache_small_low.txt . This will however make the loading screen longer since it needs to compile more shaders ahead
    I did this at the start of installation.. Ive had no stuttering yet.. I do get a the odd fps drop " rarely" but that is to be expected

9. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yeah. When you follow theflow's guide he tells you how to fix that. It results in a little longer ñoading screen at the beginning but no stutter mid gameplay. Also, in his optional stops he mentions overcklocking your vita to 500Mgz I would suggest you do that too.

SuperDan likes this.
  10. ital

OP ital GBAtemp Maniac

Reading elsewhere that there are slowdowns when it rains and the framerate dips to around 20 in built up areas. Anyone encountered that?

Also how bad is the pop in? Does overclocking make much of a difference? Whats the battery hit like?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - slowdown,