ROM Hack GTA Radio

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive managed to extract the WAD and pak files
the WAD file contains 2 PSB (not photoshop some kind of data compression file) and a riff file (not sure what it is)
the pak contains 1 PSB (likely the same type as the other ones)
ive looked around and nothing seems to extract them i tried the program i used to extract the WAD and pak files but it shows the same file

Edit: the riff file sounds like a quick version of some music im gonna slow it down and listed and see what i can find out

auREAX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diesal_11 said:
the WAD file contains 2 PSB (not photoshop some kind of data compression file) and a riff file (not sure what it is)
ive looked around and nothing seems to extract them i tried the program i used to extract the WAD and pak files but it shows the same file

Edit: the riff file sounds like a quick version of some music im gonna slow it down and listed and see what i can find out

http://filext.com/file-extension/psb

Apparently, a .psb file can also be a music file...
unsure.gif

exodus123456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
diesal_11 said:

Hello!

OK we´re on something here...

Could you please post the method you used to unpack the files? so we can all help and advance the search?

calebh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diesal_11 said:

How did you get it open? What program did you use?

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the late reply
i use this extractor (it extracts anything from any file) http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/files/extr25.zip
the psb files are most likely the game files
the riff sounds like the radio sped up (with the games theme at the start)
however i can slow it down without the pitch and other things not working
i open the riff in audacity as a RAW file
i can't get the psb files open though!!
hate2.gif

edit: i just realized you guys are only looking for the radio while im looking to find a way to mod it i think the radios the riff file
edit2:also when you use the extractor uncheck .TXT in the formats tab otherwise you get about a billion txt files\
edit3:i will upload my progress soon
edit4:i found different tehniches to extract and have found about 1 billion hidden files
edit5:extracted as much as i can also found some .cur files in the riff file
edit6:rar'd it still to big does anyone know where a good place is to upload files if not i may have to do it in a LOT of parts
edit7:the final (compressed) of my extraction is 112 mb YIKES ill do it in files and attach it to this post
edit8:anyone else get anything? maybe the overlay files contain game info?
edit9:i need a good place to upload about 97 1.4 mb rar files lol

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uploading will give link soon
anyone else made any progress?
i was also thinking maybe we could look at other rockstar ds games they wouldent use a different compiler on each game so if another one of their ds games has been decompiled....

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
diesal_11 said:
sorry for the late reply
i use this extractor (it extracts anything from any file) http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/files/extr25.zip
the psb files are most likely the game files
the riff sounds like the radio sped up (with the games theme at the start)
however i can slow it down without the pitch and other things not working
i open the riff in audacity as a RAW file
i can't get the psb files open though!!
hate2.gif

edit: i just realized you guys are only looking for the radio while im looking to find a way to mod it i think the radios the riff file
edit2:also when you use the extractor uncheck .TXT in the formats tab otherwise you get about a billion txt files\
edit3:i will upload my progress soon
edit4:i found different tehniches to extract and have found about 1 billion hidden files
edit5:extracted as much as i can also found some .cur files in the riff file
edit6:rar'd it still to big does anyone know where a good place is to upload files if not i may have to do it in a LOT of parts
edit7:the final (compressed) of my extraction is 112 mb YIKES ill do it in files and attach it to this post
edit8:anyone else get anything? maybe the overlay files contain game info?
edit9:i need a good place to upload about 97 1.4 mb rar files lol

In Edit 1, you said that your trying to mod it, what do you mean? When I started this, I was asking if could de-compress the game and change the songs in the radio or maybe even add songs into the game so you dont have to go into the car to listen. Thanks for the link
biggrin.gif
, fianly we can help
tongue.gif

Vampires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ROM.TOC, starting from 0x49C0, contains the file sizes of ROM.WAD. All audio files are there. So, basically it's possible to have your own radio in game by replacing old audio with the new one. Someone just need to find pointers for those files.

jacksonbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FedX IV said:
UPD
rom.wad contain 1061 sounds in SWAV format
http://kiwi.ds.googlepages.com/sdat.html#swav
I made a severely primitive Perl script to extract these SWAVs and used swav2wav to convert some of them to listenable WAV files. The SWAVs are all sound effects, with no music to be found.
mad.gif

The music, being instrumental, could very well be sequenced (like MIDI, or more accurately, MOD) as there are SSAR and SWAR files in ROM.WAD which I'm looking to extract.

Update:
While I was able to manually extract some instrument samples from the SWAR file, the SSAR and SDAT files aren't the standard format as seen in the above url, so I'm at a loss at what to do next.
In any case, being able to add one's own MOD music to the game seems like more work than it's worth, so this project's going on the back burner for me.

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
didn't anyone listen to me?
i said that the riff file is probably the radio
open it as "raw" data in audacity as a 2 channel (stereo) as a signed 16-32 (not sure what one) PCM
if you slow it down it sort of sounds like the radio i haven't been able to find the right tempo, pitch and speed
hope this helps
also what programs do you guys use to the the memory information?

hacker07

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.greenbookhackers.com
XP
Country
diesal_11 said:
didn't anyone listen to me?
i said that the riff file is probably the radio
open it as "raw" data in audacity as a 2 channel (stereo) as a signed 16-32 (not sure what one) PCM
if you slow it down it sort of sounds like the radio i haven't been able to find the right tempo, pitch and speed
hope this helps
also what programs do you guys use to the the memory information?
hey man have you been successful with editing sound and recompiling? I might be able to help.

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hacker07 said:
hey man have you been successful with editing sound and recompiling? I might be able to help.
ok i have got no idea if you were being a smart ass or not then
if yes then: i am only trying to help with this
if not then sorry for all the above and: not really the music sound allot repetitive like in the game and it would make sence for it to be sped up
also im going to look for decompiles of other rock star games on the ds. that might help here
good luck all and plz post progress
edit:it turns out this is rock stars first ds game no luck there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy