GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just announced at the Nintendo press event. New Grand Theft Auto, new and exclusive for DS. Chinatown Wars is what I think the name is. Pretty cool news.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
[19:47] i like how a mother announced GTA for the DS.

I'm watching the IGN feed so I'm still behind
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it ain't like the GBA one, it was decent but it lacked the fun of the other games.

For me GTA is only good when you can waste hours doing stupid stuff. GTA 4 the mission improved a lot but the mindless fun was lacking.

Falkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dirt4live said:
the E3 2008 nintendo conference was horrable :S.
No new Zelda's only stupid games for wii motionplus
lecture.gif
mad.gif

i think it was ok....the part with the bokken was cool!
and gta is a great annoncement...the rest was ok! nothing big but ok :-)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
Xuio said:
I hope it will be in 2D.
Ninja Gaiden was 3D...and it was excellent.

We'll have to wait for the screenshots and then judge it...
Well 3D on 2D anyway.

I'll be happy with just GTA 1 engine as long as I can do mindless shit with this game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
...I'll be happy with just GTA 1 engine as long as I can do mindless shit with this game.

Probably not nearly as much stuff as something like San Andreas, but the DS seems to be the preferred platform for doing "mindless shit." I think there's a lot they can with the game. I think it just depends on who's at the helm.

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
I hope it ain't like the GBA one, it was decent but it lacked the fun of the other games.

For me GTA is only good when you can waste hours doing stupid stuff. GTA 4 the mission improved a lot but the mindless fun was lacking.
QFT ! Thats the truest truth you could EVER speak about GTA, guess what... I have a feeling they had been working on GTA DS for a Loooooong time now, like back in the GBA days, only this time I think it will turn out amazing.

It will release this winter, right ?

Defnitly this winter

QUOTENEW YORK, Jul 15, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will be available on the Nintendo DS? in North America and Europe this winter.
“This is a game that will deliver a rich, fast-paced and intense ‘Grand Theft Auto’ experience that will be truly unique to Nintendo’s handheld platform,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “Rockstar Leeds, along with the team at Rockstar North, has built upon a decade of progressive design on Grand Theft Auto, and has created something fundamentally fresh and immersive.”
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series, and brings a new level of interactivity to its sprawling open environments. With the use of the DS touch screen, players will navigate their way through the streets as they uncover the truth behind an epic tale of crime and corruption within the Triad crime syndicate, delivering the unprecedented amount of depth that has become a true trademark of the franchise.
For more information about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars

oh please rockstar leeds don't screw this up *pray*, I hope it might be the first real GTA on a Nintendo System.

Source

P

pasc

after transformers on DS this should be possible very well.

BTW, take 2 has it's press conference tomorrow at 19:45, let's hope the best *prays yet once again*

P

pasc

JPH said:
Honestly, can you see GTA running on a DS?
No doubt it's going to be awful.
We will see about that one, Rockstargames has capable devs no doubt about it, and who knows ? Maybe they did it like Activison and used a new selfmade engine (Activisions can draw more polygons than normal for example).

I think, if they have gone so far to announce something, they must have something they can be proud of too.

The GBA version was no fail, it just was 2D, and some ppl don't like that.

Also the version GBA was supposed to be 3D too at first, but now it got only 2D because it was too hard to pull it off (maybe Graphic State had to do something with it ?).

Anyway, let's just wait and see until tomorrow 19:45.

EDIT:

Guys ? this is scary.... look at that pic again:

sorties_scan2.jpg

the date (15.06.08) is right ! except the month....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y