Gaming GTA IV patch 6 Official details

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

With the impending release of the GTA IV DLC disks, this news was to be expected and obvious, however, it is still great to hear more details and to have it officially confirmed.

Rockstar Toronto said:
We’re proud to announce a new title update is coming to owners of the original GTA IV PC that includes all the enhancements found in Episodes from Liberty City. The title update will be available for download through Games for Windows – Live very soon, at which time I will update the forum. We will also be hosting a downloadable version on our support site. Thanks to all our fans for supporting us.

GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Rockstar Games Social Club

• Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

• Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

• Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

• A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

• Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

• Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

• User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

• Improved memory management

Multiplayer

• Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content

• Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes

• Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

• Fix floating street textures

• Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

• The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

• Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus

• "RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This patch decreased the performance on my machine and since it's Steam I'm dealing with I can't reinstall it without the new patch :/

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Oh for crud's sake. What a terrible port, the PC version. Much too CPU and GPU-intensive. Lemme tell ya, it's gonna take a lot more than a few shadow tweaks to fix this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...