Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This is another Michael Pachter soundbite so salt can be liberally pinched but if it is correct… wowzers! According the Grand Wizard Of Foresight, Microsoft paid Rockstar $75 million to take GTA IV from PS3 exclusive to multi-format.

“GTA IV was going to be a PS3 exclusive, but Microsoft paid Rockstar and Take-Two to make it a non-exclusive, and they paid them a lot,” said Pachter.

“The number I’ve heard, and I’m sure this is right, is $75m, and that probably includes the funding for the first DLC packs too. It’s more than the $50m that people talk about.”

Casting the spell ‘Gossipy Chit-Chat Fantabulosa’, Grand Wizard P continued his story and told that Sony asked Rockstar for something else exclusive and were told about a ‘Zombie game’. Unfortunately Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead arrived so the project was canned and they came up with the idea of The Agent.

This probably explains why ‘The Agent’ has been very low on the radar – work probably did not start on it until GTA IV was finished.
Source.

Jesus christ if this is true

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that's a lot of money, but it is GTA so I bet they made a huge amount on it, Millions of people bought it on release ( me included ), I was shamefully disappointed with, I'd rather stick with San Andreas thanks

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sigh... why pay for a game that sucks? I think it sucks... it's been too much of the same lately...
Ah well, since most people have and/or will buy/bought it, it'll make them money. Lots and lots of money.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably worth it for MS in the long run.

Rockstar & Take Two win big in the end £75 million (if true, we know Patcher is a liar) plus game sales on three formats. They have must have planned this before announcing what the game will be on.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't really like GTA 4, but for a lot of people GTA would be a reason to buy a PS3. This is a really smart move from Microsoft, even though 75 million dollars is a lot of money. Microsoft still tries to buy great content for their customers.

What I don't get is why Sony didn't pay Rockstar to make GTA an exclusive.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony paid for timed exclusivity on the PS2 era games. (GTA III, VC, GTA:SA)

Seems like a good strategy. People no longer think of GTA as a "Playstation game." Mission accomplished. MS will stop at nothing to win their war with Sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F