GTA Chinatown Wars Camera hack ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ben_j, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Ben_j
    OP

Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    Is there a mod to change the camera in GTA CW ? Like, having a camera more like GTA IV instead of a top view.

2. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    That'd be cool. But I'll bet the view distance would be crap, since Rock Star games put the top down view there so the game doesn't have to load so much stuff into the poor DS's memory.

Nevertheless, I do wonder what a more 3rd Person perspective would look like in Chinatown Wars.

3. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    i know of one such code but the author does not want it shared, perhaps if he goes back and ixes it eventually it will make it's way into the cheat db...

4. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I think it'd be amazing if they made a zombie shooter kinda like the L4D homebrew one with Chinatown's code/graphics.

5. DarkMario616

DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Probably exists. dig deep in the interwebs.

6. 727

727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    I would play this game if it did exist. The reason it didnt sell well is people dont want top down games. rock star should know this by now. there's a reason gta1 and 2 were average sellers and gta3 was the ps2 for awhile.

7. wolfmanz51

wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

Nov 24, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in cali
    actuality it didn't sell well because half the sales where lost to illegal downloads seriously more people downloaded it than bought it soooo unlike most cases where piracy is minimal it took a bite out of someones ass