GTA Chinatown Wars Camera hack ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ben_j, Apr 11, 2010.

Apr 11, 2010

GTA Chinatown Wars Camera hack ? by Ben_j at 10:31 PM (5,413 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Is there a mod to change the camera in GTA CW ? Like, having a camera more like GTA IV instead of a top view.

2. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    That'd be cool. But I'll bet the view distance would be crap, since Rock Star games put the top down view there so the game doesn't have to load so much stuff into the poor DS's memory.

Nevertheless, I do wonder what a more 3rd Person perspective would look like in Chinatown Wars.

3. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    i know of one such code but the author does not want it shared, perhaps if he goes back and ixes it eventually it will make it's way into the cheat db...

4. dan80315

Member dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think it'd be amazing if they made a zombie shooter kinda like the L4D homebrew one with Chinatown's code/graphics.

5. DarkMario616

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably exists. dig deep in the interwebs.

6. 727

Member 727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would play this game if it did exist. The reason it didnt sell well is people dont want top down games. rock star should know this by now. there's a reason gta1 and 2 were average sellers and gta3 was the ps2 for awhile.

7. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    actuality it didn't sell well because half the sales where lost to illegal downloads seriously more people downloaded it than bought it soooo unlike most cases where piracy is minimal it took a bite out of someones ass