Gaming GT5 or Dirt 3

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, i'm kind of getting bored of my ps3 especially down to the fact that i can't rely on Black Ops Multi-player all the time. I do have GTA IV but i want to try out some driving games. I have tried out Burnout Paradise which had some very favourable reviews, but it was too childish and too "fake". I'm thinking of getting GT5 but i've heard that they haven't paid attention to the full game only the premium cars look good and some maps look ps2-like.

So i'm stuck between waiting for dirt 3 or just going ahead with GT5?
I'm looking for fun but not too childish.

Thanks
smile.gif

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Dirt 3 would generally be more fun, but if you prefer racing sims then GT5 would be more fun.

Personally, I would pick Dirt 3. I found GT5 to be a little disappointing, it isn't a bad game but it's hard to see why it took so long to make.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GT5 feels...incomplete. It's fairly decent, but not the best game out there.
If you're fine with a decent sim, then go for GT5. If your PS3 is compatible with PS2 games and you want GT5, just go for GT4. And if you've tried any of the previous DiRT games and liked it, or if rally racing's your thing, then wait for Dirt3.

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what would you say is the best game out there?
and no, my ps3 can't play ps2
frown.gif
and i've never tried dirt... though i did try on xbox and gosh i was bad, but i guess i'll learn to handle the car?

TBH with myself i'm a bit of a graphics whore, and i've heard dirt do some pretty decent graphics

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
issy12 said:
what would you say is the best game out there?
and no, my ps3 can't play ps2
frown.gif
and i've never tried dirt... though i did try on xbox and gosh i was bad, but i guess i'll learn to handle the car?

TBH with myself i'm a bit of a graphics whore, and i've heard dirt do some pretty decent graphics
1. It really depends on what kind of game you're looking for. Track-racing sim? Street racer? Rally sim? Arcade racing? Mario Kart-like racing?
2. I guess Dirt 2 has a better handling system, as I've never had issues driving, but I haven't tried Dirt 1. Dirt 2 looks very nice though.
3. If you care about graphics so much, it might be a good idea to invest in a gaming PC.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
It's hard to say if DiRT 3 graphics will be better than GT5. GT5 graphics varies, premium cars is just magnificent but for standard cars and some tracks it's "meh". Dirt 3 looks promising, fell in love with Dirt2 so there's no reason why i shouldn't pick up Dirt3.

It really depends on what type of racing game you want to get, I have GT5 and i can say i'm in love with it because of the tuning options and because of just how good the physics and tracks times relate really well to real life, but this is based on their circuit/road racing, rally is a bit on the "meh" side in GT5.

If you really like cars, like a lot of them along with racing on real life tracks and tuning cars. GT5 is all you.

DiRT3 as it is will not have as much content and tuning options as GT5 but it's fun factor is waaay up there. It's a full-blown rally game so no tarmac/road racing. If it has, it will be somewhat limited.

I'm fine with GT5, if i had to choose. But that's me.

I'm still gonna pick up DiRT3 when it releases.

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just thought i'd add that i bought dirt 3 and absolutely love it! i haven't tried gt5 so i can't compare but you wont be disappointed with dirt 3!

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it's my first racing game as well, and i'm glad because now i'm not put off the racing genre. there's so much to play now with so little time
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1