Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
meh

Never liked them and never will. There music is simply not as good as I'd want it to be in order for me to actually listen to it.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't really like Green Day, only some songs.... When i listen to punk, i prefer Melodic Hardcore bands like Rise Against.

But i prefer Metal and Hard Rock nowadays though. Bon Jovi ftw!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never have liked them, Never will.

I'm into Metal (Metallica, Slayer ect.)

Plus they're new song is way to repetitive, and the Drum intro is completely ripped from Bikini Kills "Rebel Girl"

*I know Musicians take beats,riffs ect. from other artists but this is completely ripped.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
crazyguy291 said:
american idiot was the best
In my opinion, one of their lowest moments
frown.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
There was this one song that I liked that was good back in '04... I forgot what it was called, but yeah I hate rock in general, but there are a few songs I grow to like, mostly songs from rock band. I'm more of a rap fan... and of course all things spanish.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Green0scar said:
ok, what's some other music you guys like?

Hmm... Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, A Perfect Circle, Within Tempation, Rush, The Black Mages, Coheed and Cambria, Black Sabbath (when Dio was the singer), Mastodon, Muse, The Smashing Pumpkins, Porcupine Tree, Franz Ferdinand and Keane are among my favourite bands.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. They were never my type of thing. They had enough commercial songs that would be played everywhere that some would get stuck in my head, but nothing i'd go out of my way to hear.
I'd prefer listening to some hardcore like Kids Like Us, Down to Nothing, Comeback Kid, First Blood, etc.
grog.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I completely HATE HATE HATE that last Green Day song (something with enemy ohayoway). They used the most ridiculously simple music structure since the Four Non Blonde's "What's going on". The song is just screaming "We want to be sure we score with this, so we make it as simple as can be, and we can cash the big bucks".

On their Wiki it says "Green Day was originally part of the punk rock scene...". Yeah right, well there's not much left of the PUNK bit. This is just could as well be a Enrique Iglesias song. No wait, his songs are way more complicated and interesting than this garbage.

Green Day? I would say No Day!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
berlinka said:
I completely HATE HATE HATE that last Green Day song (something with enemy ohayoway). They used the most ridiculously simple music structure since the Four Non Blonde's "What's going on". The song is just screaming "We want to be sure we score with this, so we make it as simple as can be, and we can cash the big bucks".

On their Wiki it says "Green Day was originally part of the punk rock scene...". Yeah right, well there's not much left of the PUNK bit. This is just could as well be a Enrique Iglesias song. No wait, his songs are way more complicated and interesting than this garbage.

Green Day? I would say No Day!
wub.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Ferrariman said:
Man, Green Day is just your cookie cutter punk rock band. Not very innovative, not very engaging, and not very good.
I literally feel like you just insulted me
frown.gif

You have to admit punk doesn't tend to be the deepest of affairs. Of course, whether it sounds good or not is a matter of opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.