Hacking Graphical issue in Wii mode

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I'm getting a annoying graphical issue with Wii games in Wii U, it happens that exist a little delay in the horizontal lines, it's between the center and the bottom of the screen, I made a screenshot to show the problem (it's not actual framebuffer shot or game footage).

Resi_issue.png

It only happens in Wii mode, Wii U mode works just fine, setting up 480p doesn't produce this problem, I tested in 2 different TV and It's probably not a problem with the monitor, neither the HDMI cable.

Has someone experienced this problem, I want to make sure that my Wii mode isn't borked or something =/

Reactions: yuyuyup

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was just now searching about this problem also!

I noticed it for some time and just thought it was a game problem, but now increasingly i become more aware that is there and it is really been getting annoying, i also have the lines across the same area of the screen as the op's image when on 1080p, tho mine look a little bit more spread apart and maybe a little bit lower on the tv screen.

It's not only games, it's as soon as vwii is on, i can even see it on the wiimote's hand while on the wii menu screen, when i move the hand over those lines area, they appear to break the hand in several horizontal pieces but the lines disappear when the hand is stopped or a static image.
When opening a channel, as the channel screen zooms in it's very noticeable, can see the sides of the channel break in 2 as it zooms in.
I also notice when there's a screen transition from black to white or so, on the area above the lines the image is brighter than below the lines. (but i quess that can just be an illusion tho)

On 1080i or 480p there is no such problem. on 480p the tv upscaling and washed out colors suck tho, so for now i'll be switching from 1080p when playing Wii U to 1080i every time before going into vWii mode, sucks.

I wonder if all wii u have this problem ... mine is PAL and updated do system version 3.0.1 and i did the vWii softmode as soon as i got it, so i wonder if previous system version or without softmod also has this problem...
Hope this problem can be fixed somehow.

OriginalHamster, u only have the problem while playing games? If so, my problem is different and more serious than yours :/

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, you're correct, i usually go immediately to the loader channel so i didn't notice that it only happens after that... When i turn on the vWii for 1st time the problem is not present.

Ye, using usb loader gx from inside the HBC the problem is gone xD cool, no need to use 1080i after all lol no biggie then, just a few seconds extra wasted.

I reported it also.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My solution: it seems to me that rebooting your iso loader usually gets rid of it. Sometimes-ish. Annoying but works for me.

Edit: I see the graphical issue sometimes upon vwii boot, sometimes after loading the iso loader, sometimes it continues into a game, sometimes not.

Also, issue occurs with or without HDMI switch, and different HDMI cables as well.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the horizontal tearing in 720p,1080i/p mode is interesting as it seems to only happen on some people's monitors/televisions. I do not have any tearing on my monitor (Syncmaster 2333HD) in any video mode. I also have not noticed any tearing when using the Wii U via a crappy "VGA Box" (KWorld 1680ex) via component on either 720p/1080i (the "VGA Box does not support 1080p).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I checked video initialization, they are different in both the loader and the forwarder.
I don't know why the loader doesn't "re-init" the video mode correctly.

Are you all on NTSC/USA vWii?
or does it happen in PAL's vWii?

Could you try to launch the Forwarder dol from HBC, instead of loading the installed Channel ?
Well, I can try to launching the forwarder myself, no need to have the loader installed to test it. (no, I don't have cIOS/Loaders on my vWii)

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This is a very old thread but I think I'm having the same issues as the OP.
Was it ever proven that USBLGX was the culprit?
Is it the forwarder? The loader itself?

NTSC/USA Wii U here.
Latest System Menu.
Cyan, Tell me what you want me to try and I'll do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...