Graphic and Map Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by neoxephon, Apr 11, 2010.

Apr 11, 2010

Graphic and Map Help by neoxephon at 2:24 AM (861 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. neoxephon
    OP

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In SaGa 2, on the game menu, you have a box that displays your current team name. The default box is a tad too small, so I decided to expand the box's width by one tile.

To do this, I modified the NSCR file, adding two new repeating tiles (the box is two tiles high, so one on top and one on bottom). This part works fine. The problem is that the NSCR file seems to apply a max width to the box, when shown in-game. This causes the top-right end tile for the box, which should remain on the far right of the box, down one row which then causes all of the tiles in that row to shift to the right one space. This also causes the bottom-right end tile to be completely pushed off and not even be shown in-game, seeing as the row below that isn't meant to appear in-game.

Check this screenshot to see what I mean:
    [​IMG]

That bottom-left tile that is the top-right corner of the box should be appearing on the top-right and you can't even see the bottom-right corner.

Here is the contents of the NSCR file:

[​IMG]

What I want to know is, how do I modify the NSCR file so that it allows the box to be 1 tile wider than it is now, thus making it show correctly in-game? I should probably already know how, but have never had this problem before.

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You need to update the width of the image from 88px (58) to 96px (60), add two to the number of mappings (change that 84 to 86), and update the file size in the top header (A8 to AC).

edit: Wait, the image is 48px tall? If so, increasing the width by 2 will add 6 new mappings and you need to account for that in the # of mappings and the file size.

3. neoxephon
    OP

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Even after fixing everything, still no luck. I guess it's probably hard coded in.