Hacking Grand Knights History - A game we missed out on

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I did DL the English patch for it and played it thru jap proxy servers, I was always disappointed that nobody could get the script to translate for the minor storyline. There isn't an RPG like it and I was wondering if it was possible to pull the text files out of the ISO *cough*Sky some advice please*cough*. It would be cool if even if we couldn't play this online anymore we could still have a fun game to play around with in general and beat the 3 different single player stories if we could find those texts. Can anybody help me look for them at all?

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently this is getting a lot of views, I suggest either asking people that know how to hack or messaging gyoru on gamefaqs like I have so I can hopefully get the files that need translating that are related towards the game! I had to post in the FF type-0 emu page because nobody is replying! So you want to play this awesome game in story mode or what?

GamerSince83

West Coast Pimpin'
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Patch version not sure whut revision but I believe it's just items, menu and whutnot no story tho.......really interesting game of course beautifuly renderd in another of my all time Favs Odin Sphere.......also lovin Dragons Crown :)

Not sure bout the text files tho :( we need to do some Googling.......

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dled the English patch work they used and I need a lil help understanding how to go through the files and which programs I should use to open them up specifically. Also when I open the rar there's one file of programs that as soon as I open it get most of the working files deleted by my computer because of security risks... I'm trying to figure out if they really are or not... I tried replying to the PM hoping to get an answer back, hopefully I'll get one shortly. If anybody has any familiarity with coding and using hex editors I'll be more than willing to share the files with you if you wanna help me trudge through everything...

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Which patch are you using? I found 2 so far, with file names:
- Great Knights History English Patch v1.0a by Gyoru
- Great Knights History English Patch v1.0a-to-v1.1 by Gyoru
I thin there was another team /person that did a different translation...

So if you are using these, obviously you need to apply 1.0a first and then the second one.

The Gyoru patch requires that you extract the ISO contents with UMD Gen (lots of howto's available), then use xdelta on the needed individual extracted files, then re-pack things back with UMD Gen.

Where do you have a problem?

Swing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the 1.1 by Gyroru because I feel that it's a better english patch. I don't know why when I dl the file my computer thinks there's a bug or malware in 3 of the files and auto deletes them so I'll have to try it on a different computer. But I've also watched some videos on how to open up the different .bin files when you use a program to open up a UMD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy