Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
2quu33d.jpg

This is GT5 PROLOGUE

QUOTE said:
We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.
We'll have more information for you in the near future, but said that it will be coming this "holiday season."

icon11.gif
Source

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just hope that the anticipation is not going to create unrealistic expectations for the game. I play Forza 3 and I dont think I will need another realistic racing game. My general rule is 3 kart/fun racers for every simulation.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hahaha, isnt this awesome
Me and my friend was just talking about Gran Turismo 5 today, i said that it had pulled a Duke Nukem Forever
tongue.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
All you dirty PS3 pirates delayed it
mad.gif
:
QUOTE said:
Like I said it is manufacturing issues. I had it confirmed today.

The problem arose when SCE mandated SDK 350 on all games releasing after after October, GT5 was about to go gold running on SDK 341, but it has been delayed by around a week so that they can update to SDK 350. This has caused a big headache for the manufacturing side, given how big this game is missing the gold date by even a week can cause a months worth of delay as slots are already taken up at this time of year for Blu-ray movies and such. So Sony had to find a 3 week slot big enough to make 7m+ copies of this and get them shipped out.

If you want to blame anyone, I would direct it at the pirates and hackers, SCE never had any real SDK restrictions before firmware 3.41 was compromised.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-gam...ml#post3872491

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I find it very annoying the PS3 is hacked. I don't know why, but I liked it that it was unhackable. All those shity pirates...

Trying to hack the PS3 had always had downsides. Isn't it that when geohot found the hardware exploit, that Sony disabled OtherOS? Or was it because of the game ripping within Linux? Don't know for sure, but ripping games in Linux (PS3) is some sort of hacking as well.

You don't need to blame Sony for disabling OtherOS. You need to blame those guys who found out how to do all this stuff.

Just my opinion...

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pirates didn't cause it to be delayed.
It seems like the developer was fine with launching it on sdk341 even though it is hacked.

@MrDiesel Sony is directly to blame for removing otherOS, it's not even related to the hack and they had no reason to remove it other than to get people to turn on GeoHot.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
purplesludge said:
@MrDiesel Sony is directly to blame for removing otherOS, it's not even related to the hack and they had no reason to remove it other than to get people to turn on GeoHot.

What was the reason then? Sony wouldn't do this for no reason, right?
QUOTE said:
The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the “Install Other OS” feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.

This refers to something involving hacking, or am I totally wrong?

Edit:

QUOTE(Rydian @ Oct 14 2010, 06:49 PM)
Sony removed OtherOS months before Geohot even announced his hack, let alone released it.

OK, but the ripping of games within Linux was already possible, right?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The games are on blu-ray discs, ripping them has always been possible with a normal PC (linux or otherwise).
tongue.gif

Sony itself says they removed OtherOS because they didn't want to keep paying their developers to update it.

http://www.osnews.com/story/22073/Why_N:wtf:...im_Sony_Answers
QUOTE said:
I’m sorry that you are frustrated by the lack of comment specifically regarding the withdrawal of support for OtherOS on the new PS3 slim. The reasons are simple: The PS3 Slim is a major cost reduction involving many changes to hardware components in the PS3 design. In order to offer the OtherOS install, SCE would need to continue to maintain the OtherOS hypervisor drivers for any significant hardware changes – this costs SCE. One of our key objectives with the new model is to pass on cost savings to the consumer with a lower retail price. Unfortunately in this case the cost of OtherOS install did not fit with the wider objective to offer a lower cost PS3.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that article partially wrong though. It says

Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases.

but they remove other os from all models.

No one but some people in sony and maybe some people that they told know the true story so speculations are questionable and possibly false.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This surprises no one. I'd rather them figure out most of the major bugs first. The current console generation is a crutch for developers to release a beta on disc, and patch game crashing bugs with mandatory updates.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Sony removed OtherOS months before Geohot even announced his hack, let alone released it.
If you are referring to the ps3 slim you are correct.

However
January 26
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/01/26/ps3-exploit-released/

March 28
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/28/...e-v3-21-update/

QUOTEThis feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.
Sounds to me like they just wanted to use him as a scape goat.

Edit: Sorry for thread derailing.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
Isn't that article partially wrong though. It says
Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases.
but they remove other os from all models.
No one but some people in sony and maybe some people that they told know the true story so speculations are questionable and possibly false.
If you read the article, it's Sony itself that said what I quoted.

Yes, Sony wasn't telling the truth. That's normal. Everybody knows they're liars when it comes to money/piracy. Hell, they got sued by the state of Texas for that DRM fiasco a few years ago.

And yes, they just used Geohot as a scapegoat. If you read more of the article than I quoted, it goes into how they'd need to redo hypervisor drivers and stuff for OtherOS each time there was a hardware change, and the Slim was a big hardware change. They just didn't want to keep paying their developers to spend time on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night