Graffiti/Street art

Do you like graffiti/street art?

• Yes I accept all kind of street art (even ugly tags)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes if its not ugly tag and in good place

• No, not at all. They just make places look like shit

• Total voters

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some graffiti is very nice and i place it up there with fine art

but then they are assholes who spray paint on the side of a building " the monkey house rockz the fat ass"

and thats just stupid lol

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some graffiti is very nice and i place it up there with fine art

but then they are assholes who spray paint on the side of a building " the monkey house rockz the fat ass"

and thats just stupid lol

:/ yea so true.. as well as "[insert name] was here" type.. -,-
they are a lot of them back in my home country..

but i saw some decent one here.. there're fine.. =D

reemixx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's graffiti ART and not graffiti VANDALISM then I'm all for it. But just tagging random buildings or public transport just because you can or to cause a bit of chaos is pretty pathetic.

I think more cities/towns need to embrace it and assign a whole bunch of areas where graffiti artists can show their stuff. It's becoming more and more recognised as an artform.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Graffiti art is cool (to a greater or lesser extent... I don't like the ones that are basically just a nickname written in horribly disfigured letters), morons going around spraying "all that painting for nothing" on freshly painted walls are just... morons.

So... b) Yes, if it's actually art, and somewhere where it's an improvement (subway stations), not somewhere where it pokes you in the eye and ruins the scenery like a colourful brick through the window.

scdsone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the first car i owned was a kit car which i built from when i was 16 till i was 18 a dutton phaeton & there was some older lads who lived behind me who done graffiti & i got them to spray up my car for me it looked awesome (manga style stuff)
but i had to spray over it after a couple of weeks cause the cops keeped pulling me over
i got stopped 28 times in the first 3 days
sadly i dont have any pictures

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Graffiti properly done will always be an amazing form of art to me.
After all, it's just airbrush art, but done with spray cans.
I can't remember where, but i did see an artist selling graffiti canvas's.....say 3' x 4' , which I desperately wanted to buy, but they were well pricey. $$££

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
port-de-brest-graffiti-44.jpg

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
99% of tags are rubbish

But street art is nice
smile.gif
except when they spray paint over premade painted walls, such as ones painted by school children.. which seems to happen often :/

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street art is fine. It's graffiti that I can't stand. To me they are two different things.

Street art is generally pleasing to look at, it's colorful and "happy-fluffy".
Graffiti (at least where I live) is just gang spewed garbage that is usually misspelled and racist and quickly written with a can of spray paint. Most of the time you can't even make out what it was they were trying to write in the first place. I consider graffiti just a form of vandalism.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as much as I think graffiti is nice (looks badass), somewhere in my mind I feel like something wrong has happened (obviously).

/me is against vandalism in general.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd go with option two, where "ugly tags" means engraving on public transport windows (I like to look out of those
frown.gif
) and brat kids writing their names as quickly as possible with a single width line. I rather like tags that have a bit more effort put in than adding a few zigzags. They make train journeys to London far more interesting
happy.gif

I really don't know what I think about the vandalism side of it. I mean, painting on someone's house or shop is a bit harsh, but where do you draw the line between what's acceptable to draw on and what isn't? Tricky...

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think most people towards younger generations like graffiti, good graffiti that is.

something that took at least half an hour, I really can't express how much I hate the 3 letter tags and the punks that do them, 2 years ago I was walking home from school, and I saw this punk go up my drive way and proceeded to write some letters with shoepolish, I punched him in the back of the neck.
that was awesome.

Like it or not, rebellion will always be cool, and if you can manage to incorporate some style and expertise.. well, you might just start a movement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...