Grafaiai is the latest Pokemon revealed for Scarlet and Violet

There are only a couple months before Pokemon Scarlet and Violet release, bringing a whole new generation of creatures to catch in the Paldea region. One of those new Pokemon is Grafaiai, who is a Poison/Normal type that looks slightly like a lemur. In the introduction video showcasing Grafaiai, we get to see it leaving paint marks on trees around the routes where it can be found. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are out on November 18th.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there's your answer, they have to make like 100-200 new pokemons, so sure not all of them will be super uber duper fantastic, you know what i mean?
Damn you have stock with gamefreek or work for them or something. Kiss their ass a little more and keep making excuses for them "phoning" it in instead of making a real pokemon game.

Reactions: LokeYourLord

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really like the design so far, the Lorisinae vibe is really there and the viciousness associated with poison types is definitely tagging along! Can't say if it will stay in my team for long in these versions, but I'll use it at some point for sure. 😀

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Damn you have stock with gamefreek or work for them or something. Kiss their ass a little more and keep making excuses for them "phoning" it in instead of making a real pokemon game.
Totally agreed. Been with Pokémon since the earliest inception in 1996, and basically since Sword and Shield I've felt it's been on a steady decline, well except for Arceus Legends which was quite well done, but set exclusively in the Sinnoh region.

Like, why would someone shill this much for GameFreak or Pokémon? I'm a near diehard fan and I want Pokémon to improve again. First slogan: "Gotta catch 'em all", right? And like, I hate the fact they've just made so many gimmicks (some of them quite cool and intriguing), but then have basically never used them again. "Evolution" my ass really, it's a regression if feature after feature keeps disappearing. I want ALL Pokémon in a game, and so far funnily enough the spin-off game Pokémon GO seems to become the one that will end up having them all. I mean hell, even PokéMMO (which I am not a huge fan of myself though) is becoming a better Pokémon game than the original Pokémon games (but their hate and lock on legendaries... yeah they can suck it).

Why can we not just get a game with all Pokémon, Mega Evolutions, Z Moves, Battle Tower (and all its variations), Beauty Contests (and its variations), parks and everything from all games combined along with the ability to traverse all regions, along with co-op as people have been asking for since forever basically. Do that GameFreak and you'll have the highest grossing game of all time on your hand, it isn't rocket science...

Last edited by LokeYourLord,

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it would be cool if, in this game at least, you'd have to "track" some pokemon.
That some pokemon would be a bit more rare than others and you'd have to find "clues" to follow in order to actually find the pokemon
For example, with this one, you'd see a colored tree, then you look around the tree to find some "ink" leftovers going in a way, so you go that way. You'll find more of that ink to follow and by following the traces, you'll end up finding this pokemon

Of course, not all pokemon would work that way, but if we had a couple of dozens of pokemon with each their own way to find them, it'd be nice in my opinion :)
Or more black holes with even more pokemon all in random places

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well there's your answer, they have to make like 100-200 new pokemons, so sure not all of them will be super uber duper fantastic, you know what i mean?
Yeah, but I'm also saying that so far, none of these look really all that great, imo.
Like, of Gen 9, would say the only decent designs are the starters, with two of them kinda resembling already existing pokes tbh.

Also, "100-200", nah, ever since what was it... Gen 6, I think? They've been making less than 100 new pokes since, as we can see with these new pokes, they're just running outta ideas now.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but dang, the dialing up the "shitty designs" dial up to eleven for these latests games, holy fuck
Compared to the older gens, most of these new pokes just look... hideous, or just, a design someone lacking a quarter of their brain would come up with
Mean, yeah, not every pokèmon is gonna have an amazing design, but damn, just... these newer ones are just awful, ugh
This is probably the first generation I've thought has legitimately shitty designs. This one reminds me of a robot monkey, like they took a monkey, and then gave it a deadmou5 style head for futuristic techno look. Sure Pokémon like Blipbug are ugly, but it's supposed to be an ugly nerdy looking bug, and Orbeetle is cool enough I don't think Blipbug is bad. I don't see anything redeeming about this Pokémon, and I don't think there's a design revealed yet that I like except Pawmi.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

thechriscrabb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like, with every iteration of Pokémon, creatures get further away from Pokémon, and closer to Digimon. I understand the complexities of coming up with new, original creatures can get hella difficult, but nobody said they needed to create so many that they had to venture into the territory of Pokémon that resemble swords, keys, or motorcycles.

I actually think they could've done more with the idea of regional variations, as introduced in Sun/Moon, which is more akin to how creatures exist on earth, which was really one of the differentiating factors between Pokémon and Digimon, at least, once upon a time.

I'm actually really disappointed that they've basically abandoned the tagline, "Gotta catch 'em all". The wonder and awe of finding a new Pokémon has basically been tossed aside in exchange for a ridiculously large Pokédex and other gameplay gimmicks.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like, with every iteration of Pokémon, creatures get further away from Pokémon, and closer to Digimon. I understand the complexities of coming up with new, original creatures can get hella difficult, but nobody said they needed to create so many that they had to venture into the territory of Pokémon that resemble swords, keys, or motorcycles.

I actually think they could've done more with the idea of regional variations, as introduced in Sun/Moon, which is more akin to how creatures exist on earth, which was really one of the differentiating factors between Pokémon and Digimon, at least, once upon a time.

I'm actually really disappointed that they've basically abandoned the tagline, "Gotta catch 'em all". The wonder and awe of finding a new Pokémon has basically been tossed aside in exchange for a ridiculously large Pokédex and other gameplay gimmicks.
Black and White limited in game encounters to only the Unova Pokémon and it didn't have any special gimmicks. It's all about what they think makes the most profit and will get the best reception. But people are so obsessed with Pokémon as a franchise even if the games are borderline unplayable they'd still claim they're great.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to say but the japanese are mostly racist when it comes to non asians in the workplace i've heard stories of people with quite a bit of background in video game design being treated as an errand boy/girl rather than being utalized with their talents sadly

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
sorry to say but the japanese are mostly racist when it comes to non asians in the workplace i've heard stories of people with quite a bit of background in video game design being treated as an errand boy/girl rather than being utalized with their talents sadly
Sources?

• Haha
Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1