Hardware Gradual loss in free space

Okay, I think I know what the problem, at least, part of the problem. Chrome seems to accumulate cache/temp files (as per the settings) pretty quickly, after about an hour, it reaches sizes that make me worries, as the HDD space has been stable since I've been keeping on top of clearing the cached images and files. Now, I noticed it goes up faster when I watch YouTube videos, and I don't know if it's a Chrome thing, if Firefox is better at handling temp files, I don't know. Suffice to say, I hear that that isn't really a limit to how far Chrome can go as far as storing cached files and images, is there any way I can have it clear automatically after a set time, and/or possibly set a limit so it doesn't exceed a certain amount? That amount of cache, clearing it constantly, that can't be good to have to do that, right? Any solutions?

Only thing I can think of is incognito mode, as no cached files/images are stored, and only uses the RAM mostly.
Yeah, Youtube videos are surprisingly huge. One 10 minute video can be several hundred MB iirc. Firefox has this option, not sure if Chrome has anything similar:
rAnXloO.png

What's the problem though? It deletes itself after a while, so it never gets too ridiculous anyway.
 
Yeah, Youtube videos are surprisingly huge. One 10 minute video can be several hundred MB iirc. Firefox has this option, not sure if Chrome has anything similar:
rAnXloO.png

What's the problem though? It deletes itself after a while, so it never gets too ridiculous anyway.

Actually, no, it doesn't delete automatically, at least, Chrome doesn't, which is what I primarily use. Firefox, well, I don't know, doesn't feel as smooth to me, so I don't use it that much, but the cache/temp files are the real problem as Chrome doesn't automatically do it. I know there is a way to limit how much cache, but they don't make it easy.

You using Chrome? That eats your memory up I think?

(Fuck I hit the quote button and thanks to lag didn't even write a message)

Perhaps, but I do almost all my browsing on Chrome, Firefox's scrolling is too slow for me, I like Chrome's smoothness more personally, and there's no way to automatically or easily limiting how much cache, there's some digging required and I don't know how to limit the cache.
 
Last edited by the_randomizer,
Actually, no, it doesn't delete automatically, at least, Chrome doesn't, which is what I primarily use. Firefox, well, I don't know, doesn't feel as smooth to me, so I don't use it that much, but the cache/temp files are the real problem as Chrome doesn't automatically do it. I know there is a way to limit how much cache, but they don't make it easy.



Perhaps, but I do almost all my browsing on Chrome, Firefox's scrolling is too slow for me, I like Chrome's smoothness more personally, and there's no way to automatically or easily limiting how much cache, there's some digging required and I don't know how to limit the cache.
You could try the latest Firefox Nightly. They included a bunch of changes that make page loading and scrolling much more responsive.
 
  • Like
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News