GPD Win - Analog Sticks Not Detected?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by jastolze, Mar 17, 2017.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Hey, so I was trying out the dolphin Emulator and attempting to play Nightfire 007, and couldn't get the emulator to detect the sticks. I tried using the DInput and XInput modes but neither of those recognized button presses. What am I doing wrong? This isn't the only game/emulator I've used that doesn't detect them. In fact, none do so far. Weirdly enough, the right analog works with Mouse input, as it should, but not when playing a game. Any suggestions? I know I probably didn't give enough info but I'm not really sure where to start or what the issue is.

2. FLjavi

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    It could be that your unit is faulty, in general. When did you buy the GPD WIN??

3. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I just bought it last week. It's the older model but I ended up getting it to work with Dolphin Emulator. I assume emulators/games need to check for Joystick input?

4. FLjavi

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    Not exactly sure of that myself... (don't own a WIN, sorry)

5. Antology

Antology Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Hi same issue here. Not even megadrive emulators are recognise the game pad?

6. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    I got it to work. You need xpadder. It cost 10 dollars but it makes any game recognize the buttons/triggers/joysticks. Totally worth it.

thaddius likes this.