Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
GP2X Wiz
Sale!
bfc7_gp2x_wiz_mame_console_emulator.jpg

For a limited time ThinkGeek is selling the GP2X Wiz for $99. The Wiz is a "retro" emulation handheld which features MAME, NES, SNES, Atari ST, C64, and other systems. The device doubles as a multimedia player as well. Be sure to check the links below for a $10 off coupon.

icon11.gif
 GP2X Wiz Sale
icon11.gif
 Coupons

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well that's pretty tempting, but the face buttons of the Wiz were always a major turn off for me. I think I will hold out for the new Dingoo and see how that fares.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p1ngpong said:
Well that's pretty tempting, but the face buttons of the Wiz were always a major turn off for me. I think I will hold out for the new Dingoo and see how that fares.
The buttons on the Wiz are indeed horrible. Especially the right side. It makes pressing more than 1 button at a time a tremendous effort.

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
The buttons on the Wiz are indeed horrible. Especially the right side. It makes pressing more than 1 button at a time a tremendous effort.

OLED screen is really tempting.. is there any way to mod those buttons ??

EDIT: well i just found it from google. search for 'GP2X wiz button mod' now it's really tempting

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, it's true, the face buttons weren't great.
The d-pad was overly sensitive, trying to play games like Mario proved to be difficult because you'd always accidentally crouch down.

Other than that it's a very nice system, but I'd choose the Caanoo any day with it's larger screen and much better buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: