Got Switch Online?

download.jpeg

Nintendo's Online service launched last week for Switch, and we would like to know how many of you have signed up!

Please answer the poll and comment on what you think of Nintendo's new paid Switch Online service.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose free games over paid online and am pretty okay with that. I think the service is a fair price though and would have gone that route had a backup loader not presented itself first. Have fun with Smash Bros., dudes!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what saddens me more, the lack of a robust NES library from the get go, or the fact people have such low standards that they're convincing themselves that they're a-okay with how Nintendo is handling it.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what saddens me more, the lack of a robust NES library from the get go, or the fact people have such low standards that they're convincing themselves that they're a-okay with how Nintendo is handling it.
A sense of optimism in a world so negative is such a terrible thing for most of you.

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No plan to sign up. The price seems okay, but most of what's provided for it shouldn't cost extra anyway. They'd have to offer a lot more features before I'd consider taking the plunge.

What has really ticked me off is their behavior toward places like emuparadise and channels on Youtube that deal with their products/games or hacks of them. I can understand wanting to protect their copyrights, but the way they've gone about it seems really over the top and with the Youtube issue, they are so clearly in the wrong and just the same old abusive, bullying company they were in the 80s. And, attacking places like emuparadise so they can charge "rental" fees for NES games most of us have already bought many times over, (including the physical carts), seems pretty absurd.

I have gone out of my way to support Nintendo by buying 140 physical Switch game releases so far, but I've really slowed down on my purchases since the above behavior began. I'll be much more careful with whatever dollars I give to Nintendo going forward. Like some others have said, I have a love/hate feeling for them. Lately, it's leaning more hate than love.

I understand there are a lot of fanboys who stick up for them no matter what they do, but I try to be fair-minded and I'm not going to support behavior I disagree with. If they continue what they've been doing, I'll simply close my wallet and continue enjoying the generations of games I already own.

Reactions: sleepymanakete

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So I do get cloud backup but only shitty cloud backup.
But I think the nes app is actually pretty okay. I will wish I could buy the games though. But altogether I think Nintendo does hand out the money worth especially if you sign up for 35 USD and sign up 7 people making it 5 USD a year per person.
Thankfully Checkpoint and Google Drive are a thing, eh? ;)

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thankfully Checkpoint and Google Drive are a thing, eh? ;)
What does Google drive have to do with all that?
Do you mean that if my console is hacked That I could just back it up myself and upload it to Google drive?
Well I could but I won't hack my main switch and I would back up my games on a regular basis while cloud backup is automatic. So if my switch suddenly died on me I would probably lose a months worth of gameplay as I didn't back it up manually within the last month

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
What does Google drive have to do with all that?
Do you mean that if my console is hacked That I could just back it up myself and upload it to Google drive?
Well I could but I won't hack my main switch and I would back up my games on a regular basis while cloud backup is automatic. So if my switch suddenly died on me I would probably lose a months worth of gameplay as I didn't back it up manually within the last month
Yeah but at least your one month old save will be there "forever" and for free.

Reactions: PriMieon

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
while 20euros may not be too much for the most , i still have to agree with you , the service is not comparable to Sonys for instance.
nintendo just loves to cash in.

it should have stayed free.
The problem is not the cost, the true thing is that i dont feel that is Good, there are a lot of missed things. Also Xbox let you to share your games with one Friend, and Booth Can play the same game al the same time... i feel that Nintendo isnt Thinking on the user just on the money

Reactions: leonmagnus99

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about p2p as the main reason for no. Bet many of these people are paying for either xb line or PlayStation plus. Most xb and ps games are also p2p. Games with dedicated servers often require that you have purchased the season pass to use them. Other wise you are also using p2p. Gears of War 4 for example does. So did gears 3 once they added them. So complaining about the lack of dedicated servers is a joke.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
No. I will be ok with the price but there a lot of thing that i don't care. The NES games....don't care, i can basicly play all the NES game i want on my 3DS. Unfortunaly i want to play Smash online when it comes out, so i will be force to pay. I hope that fopr that moment the game he offer will be a bit better...or at least SNES game? Maybe? No?! Ok...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I did updated to FW6.0 asap regardless of everyone saying you should not, its no different and homebrew issues will get resolved. I use online so I got 12 months with 720 gold coins discount so it only came too just £10.70p I know most seem to slate Nintendo for this online pay but I think it's very good and if you use online gaming features like I do then why not and why should other company's like Microsoft & Sony charge for there online activity and not Nintendo and it's not as though your paying huge prices like they are! The cloud save is a brilliant idea as well I love it. The only point that did annoy me a little bit was I wish TX had just mentioned in the last update 1.9 to hold off updating to 6.0 for the time being, if they knew EmuNAND would be a thing in the very near future 2.0 update!

Last edited by Reecey,

CoinKillerL

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i bought it. my god if this service is bad. shitty p2p PAID online full of lag and disconnections, the voice chat is garbage, the NES rent service is totally worthless, i could just use Lakka OS switch without probably getting banned, useless cloud saves for splatoon 2 players (i do not own splatoon 2) and terrible "special offers". 60 euros for 2 nes controllers that i have to pay 20 euros a month to use them??? what the fuck is even this service??

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $20 a year, stop being such a cheapskate. It's not free on any of the other platforms. Servers cost money to run you know.

It's not being a cheapskate, it has always been free and all they've done is taken a free feature away and made you pay for it. It's more about principle.
I could not play Mario kart online for a year, turn on that Wii and go straight online, no typing in codes or signing up, no barriers just straight online and that's what Nintendo has always been about.
Their online library is always petty and small compared to the other systems and nes/snes games mean nothing.
PC gamers have to pay nothing to play online and that's what Nintendo should of stuck to.
It's hard to see people justifying Nintendo taking away from them and making you pay for something that has always been free, must be anti consumer fanboys

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not being a cheapskate, it has always been free and all they've done is taken a free feature away and made you pay for it. It's more about principle.
I could not play Mario kart online for a year, turn on that Wii and go straight online, no typing in codes or signing up, no barriers just straight online and that's what Nintendo has always been about.
Their online library is always petty and small compared to the other systems and nes/snes games mean nothing.
PC gamers have to pay nothing to play online and that's what Nintendo should of stuck to.
It's hard to see people justifying Nintendo taking away from them and making you pay for something that has always been free, must be anti consumer fanboys
actually, you should consider us as lucky to not having paid for Nintendo online service so far
Because as it has been said, servers cost money to run them

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.