Got NextGen?

xbox-ps5-800x450-1.jpg

Last week saw the release of both of the nextgen consoles, and we just wondered if you had managed to pick either one up?

Despite me being 99% PlayStation for the previous generation, I actually went with the Xbox this time around and scored myself a Series S! So far it's been fantastic! What did you get/want?

Vote in the poll and post in the comments!

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things that are keeping me away from getting an XSX (for now):

Receivers and their faulty HDMI 2.1 chip

And all the problems with TVs and support of 4K 120hz/VRR/12 bit color

I agree with what Quantum TV stated on the subject of whether getting a TV now or waiting a few months for the mini-LED TVs with better HDMI 2.1 support to come around.

Sure, I'd like to get a 75 inch fancy TV but eh, my old 55 inch 1080p TV has been rock solid and for me, there are no XSX MUST HAVE games out so time is on my side.

UPDATE: Something else I forgot to mention.... the black levels. I thought the 'crushing blacks' was being blown out of proportion until I saw it first hand.

Last edited by gene0915,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not yet... have both a PS4 Pro and a One X, liking the updated BC titles on both machines (especially Demon's Souls hehe... I kid!), in particular the massive jump in loading times, but it's not worth £450 a pop just for that. I'm patient.. far too much to play at the moment anyway - will probably pick one up next year (leaning more towards PS5, mainly as I think the One X has more life left in it than the PS4 Pro)

yaykittykitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could foresee the new gen consoles selling out fast and they did, people qued online, when the que ended lots of people were left with an out of stock message, me I just decided to sell my PS4, upgrade it to a PS4 pro because all I play is Rdr2 abs gta on occasion and I just wanted 4K and let’s face it most of the PS4 title won’t look much better on the next gen consoles unless they are remastered. In a years time when the prices fall I will get a ps5 but I wouldn’t touch a Xbox series s but I did consider it. The sad things in a lot of people will have qued, some will have used bots to buy them quickly and mark my words the new gen consoles will be listed on eBay at double the price within a day or two. I would have been depleted if I qued for a ps5 today but instead my PS4 pro arrived along with a 1TB ssd so loading times should be insane

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
not ATM, but if FFVII Remakes part 2/3 or such don't come to ps4 and are exclusive to ps5, then i might have to go to ps5,

also, can you transfer everything from ps4 to ps5? like account, dlc and all?
and will everything from your ps4 work on ps5? like themes etc?

also, i have the follwoing ps4 games, will these work the same or better on ps5? :

-Final fantasy Type 0 HD
-Final Fantasy XV & XV DLC
-Final Fantasy XV Episode duscase and Platinum demos
-Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
-Final Fantasy VII Remake
-Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far
-Kingdom Hearts III & DLC

and it'd go for the disk-based ps5 so i can use my disk based ps4 games. it's much more exp than the digtial one like 100euroes more,
also does the HDD from ps4 work on ps5?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

No. I'm interested in PS5 but I'll wait for PS5 Slim.

That dang thing is too tall n' big as far as a gaming console goes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might get a ps5 some day, but it's likely to be a legit purchase, so no hacking/modding/exploiting. I like all the features with sony's systems. I'm starting to get annoyed by Nintendo's laziness with the switch, so I don't know if I'll be a Nintendo fan after this generation is over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup