Got NextGen?

xbox-ps5-800x450-1.jpg

Last week saw the release of both of the nextgen consoles, and we just wondered if you had managed to pick either one up?

Despite me being 99% PlayStation for the previous generation, I actually went with the Xbox this time around and scored myself a Series S! So far it's been fantastic! What did you get/want?

Vote in the poll and post in the comments!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have nor want either. Not for the moment anyway. My opinion is that they are both ugly and won't really fit in any standard entertainment center. Their exclusives don't interest me either.

Leon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What if there isn't a disc drive?

I think i'll buy an original version with dropped price then. The only thing i think i can buy now is the controller, to use it on a pc, it seems good for both retrogaming and for modern gaming, and because in the future there will be many fake controllers or used.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already sworn to pc for next gen, and even if consoles get their shit together i won't be going back. fuck next gen, i'm not paying 70 fucking dollars for games. fuck you sony, fuck you microsoft, and especially fuck you nintendo. PCMR forever

Reactions: Worldblender

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Good luck finding a PC comparable to PS5/XSX specs with a price less than 1000$
Sony is selling at a loss. PS5 cost $450 to make and assemble. That's not including packaging & shipping, warranty coverage, retailer mark up, advertisement, R&D which all are factored into the cost when you purchase an item. So Sony is spending way over $500 and loosing money on every console they sell. Just like they did on the PS3 and PS4.

PS3 sells at a loss

PS4 sells at a loss

They are selling at a loss because that makes their system more appealing and they sell more units. No one will pay PC prices for a console. Especially when their competitors are undercutting them, they are forced into selling at a loss. They usually make up for it in online services, accessories and games.

They create an illusion that your are getting a better deal in order to trick you into selling more units. But in reality you are pay more over the $500 price tag. There is alot of console hidden expenses you have to factor in that PC doesn't have.

Sony Online 5 yrs (normal console life span) is $300. On PC online is free. So its $700 - $800 total you are actually paying depend on disc or discless version. Games on console are $70 but pc equivalent is $60. So in reality you are paying way above the $500 dollar mark. You can build a PC at the same price it costs for a console that includes all those extra hidden expenses with the same amount of performance. So ya PC and console prices are comparable.

If you choose to buy a console 2yrs later then online for 3 yrs is around $180. So you would only pay $680 for a console with online if you choose to buy 2 yrs later. Seems like a good deal. But pc hardware prices come down too over time. And you can build the same pc but cheaper 2 yrs later.

You can build a $1,000- 1,100 PC with superior performance then console. Or spend $1,100- 1,200 for about 50% more performance then console. Series X and PS5 has low end to low midrange performance of PC based on reviewers analyzing the graphics. Maybe Midrange once consoles mature. But PC hardware matures too so you can see a boost in performance with pc driver updates later on. A midrange PC with a RTX 3070 outperform both consoles. So consoles are on the low end and basically you are paying very high prices for a low end PC.

Last edited by SG854,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People buying the digital only consoles need to be shot.

Remeber all the kick off last gen when ms tried to do digital only and prevent pre owned sales of games.

Well done, you have been slowly brain washed and now, like sheep flock to buy.

This then gives them the excuse to claim it sells better, making savings for the devs, yet still charge you more for digital shit that holds no value.

Enjoy trying to trade your digital only box with 0 games and in years to come, a collection of digital shit that has 0 value.

Unlike my collection of retro games worth over 2k.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is a pc master race troll.

Find me a pc game that is pushing hardware to require this.

Nope, doesnt exist.

What you get is delayed console ports that have been beefed up, but dont actually look that much better considering the hardware.

You seem to act like pc games are like todays graphics and consoles are like ps1 graphics.

Nop3, you just get the same base game, same textures but higher quality, same models, polygon count, just higer resolution and frames.
hes not a pc master race troll hes an arm fanboy

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already sworn to pc for next gen, and even if consoles get their shit together i won't be going back. fuck next gen, i'm not paying 70 fucking dollars for games. fuck you sony, fuck you microsoft, and especially fuck you nintendo. PCMR forever
You're missing out.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People buying the digital only consoles need to be shot.

Remeber all the kick off last gen when ms tried to do digital only and prevent pre owned sales of games.

Well done, you have been slowly brain washed and now, like sheep flock to buy.

This then gives them the excuse to claim it sells better, making savings for the devs, yet still charge you more for digital shit that holds no value.

Enjoy trying to trade your digital only box with 0 games and on of digital shit that has 0 value.

Unlike my collection of retro games worth over 2k.

I'm never going the all digital route its dumb af & never needed to exist. Microsoft & Sony could've released better options than all digital options even Nintendo's cheaper option kills Sony & Microsoft's cheaper options because it can still use physical. If you can only afford to spend $300 & you don't have wifi you're stuck with a high tech door stop or a high tech paper weigh cos you can't use it

Last edited by SSG Vegeta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1