Hacking Got my DS-X today

kingmidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine yesterday and on the first run it crashed while trying to play an mp3. After that the DS-X wouldn't boot at all anymore. It sucks, but from the amount of communication on their support forums and since they actually have an issue tracking system too, I'm confident they'll fix the problem. I just hope it's SOON!
frown.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I got mine yesterday and on the first run it crashed while trying to play an mp3. After that the DS-X wouldn't boot at all anymore. It sucks, but from the amount of communication on their support forums and since they actually have an issue tracking system too, I'm confident they'll fix the problem. I just hope it's SOON!Â
frown.gif

The first thing you did with your DS-X was listen a MP3?
Man, you deserve it, Nah, J/K hope you get a solution fast
wink.gif

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
where did we say that they had 100% compatibility?

Call it a slip of the tounge. But in a previous post, I did say
QUOTEIMHO, Gbatemp should have taken more time/precautions before verifying the manufacturer's claim of near 100 percent compadability.

But near 100 percent or 100 percent, it's still a powerful claim. GBAtemp's review, which largely verified that and other strong claims made by the dsx team, is what sent us all running to order one. In fact, your review probably had a particularly strong effect on our decisions to buy one because most people here were skeptical of the claims made by the dsx team before it's release.

Like I said, I'm not looking to get pissy with anyone yet because mine is still in the mail. I'm just pointing out that the credibility of GBAtemp is potentially on the line, and perhaps might call for revised review standards. As a humble example, instead of a detailed description of the products packaging, I'm sure we would all appreciate that time be spent with more thorough compadability testing. I suggest a rigorous standardized compadibility test that all products could be put through, so that it's all objective and easily comparable to other reviewed products. I'm also sure most of us would be willing to wait a few days to get the final review, as long as it had more thorough testing. Being the first site to post the review isn't always a good thing. In the mean time, a short interium "impressions" review can be posted.

Just a few humble suggestions.

D

Deleted User

I just received my ds-x today and my my ds caught on fire and exploded...
Are you serious? Or just mucking around?

When it comes to faulty cards you have to remember these things are mass produced so there are bound to be stuffed ones. I know you wish it wasn't you but I say just return it to the place you bought it and they can deal with the manufacturer. These online shops are bound to replace them for the goodwill it creates.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine today. Boy was I excited, running from the post office, plugging it into my macbook, dragging and dropping Pheonix Wright 2, Tales of Tempest, some Kanji software and - of course - Brain Training. I fire up the DS, select the cart. The first thing I notice is that the green battery light is flashing, just like in sleep mode. I bit of a downer, but hey, small price to pay for 100% compability right? Couldn't be more wrong. None of the games above worked, and when i removed the cart and later put it in agian I the DS didn't find it. Turns out due to poor maunfacturing I have to apply a small piece of paper to the cart as i put it in the slot in order for it to becom readabe again.

In my opinion the DS-X in it's current state is not worth investing in. The promised 100% compability ends up looking like a lie and in the end of the day all I have bought is potential, badly manufactured at that.

Wow, that sucks dude.

webez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
near 100%... so let's say 99%. There are 625 DS games out at the time of writing this. Quick, name 6 games that do not work.

-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Pearl
-Worms Open Warfaire
-Zoo Tycon
-Nintendogs (save problem?)
-Childrens of Mana (save problem)
.Meteos (save problem)
-English Training (glitches and crhasing)
-Mario & Luigi (2-3 minutes to load)

What have I won?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations. You have won the right to choose another card since you named games that you must absolutely play but cannot. If you named games that do not work that you don't intend to play, you missed the point of what I was trying to get across.

Why is it that everyone expects the first run of a product of its type to be magically perfect? Sure the GBATemp review says it's pretty good or even "near perfect," but given their sample size, I would make the same assumption. I'd love to see someone else go through every game.

The same thing happened with HDLoader when it came out. People said "the compatibility keeps going down," but this doesn't make sense as the compatibility wasn't dynamically changed. It was fixed from the beginning.

webez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not saying it must have 100% compatibility. In fact I think it has a fantastic compatibility. But it's false publicity what they are doing. And what's the point for that when the product is good enough? I think 5-10 even 20 games that doesn't work in a first release is not such a big problem. Worse is the quality problem it's having and even worse is to try to cover each problem it has like they have been doing (like the pin problem that first they said "it is a problem with your ds, ds-x is perfectly made". Sure

kingmidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine yesterday and on the first run it crashed while trying to play an mp3. After that the DS-X wouldn't boot at all anymore. It sucks, but from the amount of communication on their support forums and since they actually have an issue tracking system too, I'm confident they'll fix the problem. I just hope it's SOON!Â
frown.gif

The first thing you did with your DS-X was listen a MP3?
Man, you deserve it, Nah, J/K hope you get a solution fast
wink.gif

Hehe, you're probably right.

So I posted an issue on the DS-X issue tracking system and they replied with some suggestions and they actually worked! I formatted it and held A when booting up. I swear I had already tried that, but in any case, it worked this time.

So far I've played some online Mario Kart and Sonic Rush and they both worked perfectly.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations. You have won the right to choose another card since you named games that you must absolutely play but cannot. If you named games that do not work that you don't intend to play, you missed the point of what I was trying to get across.

Why is it that everyone expects the first run of a product of its type to be magically perfect? Sure the GBATemp review says it's pretty good or even "near perfect," but given their sample size, I would make the same assumption. I'd love to see someone else go through every game.

The same thing happened with HDLoader when it came out. People said "the compatibility keeps going down," but this doesn't make sense as the compatibility wasn't dynamically changed. It was fixed from the beginning.

dang pwn

Kliviwiki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I had already made up my mind on buying an EZ Flash IV. Today I found out how great the DS-X is, and I thought that maybe I should buy it instead of the EZ4. But now, seeing all these issues, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does any body have any suggestions?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had already made up my mind on buying an EZ Flash IV. Today I found out how great the DS-X is, and I thought that maybe I should buy it instead of the EZ4. But now, seeing all these issues, I just don't know what to do anymore. Does any body have any suggestions?

Open your mind to every brand (M3, G6, SC, EZ4, DSX, DSLink, etc...) and do some research

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
near 100%... so let's say 99%. There are 625 DS games out at the time of writing this. Quick, name 6 games that do not work.

-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Pearl
-Worms Open Warfaire
-Zoo Tycon
-Nintendogs (save problem?)
-Childrens of Mana (save problem)
.Meteos (save problem)
-English Training (glitches and crhasing)
-Mario & Luigi (2-3 minutes to load)

What have I won?

from this list I can draw these figures:
- 99.36% of the games are loaded
- 98.56% work flawlessly (load+no issue)

- 0.64% of the games do not load
- 0.8% of the games have various issues
total: 1.44% of the games do not run perfectly.
OH My bad, compatibility is not 99% it's 98.56%!
ohmy.gif

We didnt pretend that ALL the DS games work. All the games we tried did work except for the Pokémon ones.
Which led us to think that there might still be (little) compatibiliy issues. Our '99%' estimate turns out to be quite accurate, don't you think?

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

My thoughts exactly. I have played over 10 games on my DS-X and all of them work flawlessly. I find it really retarded that people are complaining about games other people have tried and don't work, or reviews say don't work. "ZOMG POKEMANZ DUN WORK, WTDF DSX SUXX". Honestly, if you aren't going to play the games that don't work, then why complain? You really think there aren't people that enjoy the DS-X for what it does? You have to give the DS-X team some kudos for actually releasing their product, and it working the way it works. If some games don't work, you can be sure that they're going to fix them as fast as they can. If you think the DS-X is a piece of trash 'cause it won't run a select amount of games (and Pokemon already has a known fix which will be released shortly), then you really need to rethink your whole perspective on flashcarts; they WILL have problems the first few weeks they come out, but over time all bugs will be sorted out and fixed.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How cool, they have like thousands of complaints and they reply yours...with something that works!!

Either that, or you're replying to a troll acount. Funny how the person you're replying to has only 2 posts on these forums. I wouldn't put it past the ds-x crew to be posting under different aliases to try and stir up support for their card.

Remember, these are the same people who tried to get gbatemp to write up a smashing review on their card and trash the competitors cards.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.