Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I swear to god, 5 PHAT DSes no problems. 2 DS lites, one cracked hinge and the other a dead pixel but what sucks most is Nintendo sent me this on as a REPAIR/REPLACEMET can't they do their damn job and make sure the thing works? On an interesting note it took 3 boots for the passcard to work? ODD.....whatever not gonna get on that....STUPID DEAD pixel.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno, the quality control is totally lost with this Lite. I asked Nintendo to check my new console for dead pixels. That is why I have none on my current one.

Maybe your Passcard has the common problem that one of the metal parts that connects the Lite is not 100% clean so that it won't make a proper contact with the DS slot.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the passcard works every time now. Looks like I got more of a blue stuck pixel than a dead pixel. I am running the pixel fixer, should I just turn the colour blue on or keep red, blue and green on?

S

spectral

Have it flashing all the colours. Its the video rapidly try to make the pixel change that can sometimes fix it. Another thing that can sometimes unstick they is rubbing the spot the pixel is, hard enough that it effects the area, not so hard it damages the screen. That worked on my TFT monitor. Of course that one is only possible in the touch screen as the plastic over the top screen is too hard.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear to god, 5 PHAT DSes no problems. 2 DS lites, one cracked hinge and the other a dead pixel but what sucks most is Nintendo sent me this on as a REPAIR/REPLACEMET can't they do their damn job and make sure the thing works? On an interesting note it took 3 boots for the passcard to work? ODD.....whatever not gonna get on that....STUPID DEAD pixel.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Sent in for the hinge, got a replacement with a searing white dead dot right in the middle of the touch screen. Sent it in again (2nd time it went to NY instead of all the way to WA) and the 2nd replacement came today. It's fine. Just like my original lite that got the hinge crack, its got the slightly loose volume slider (ironically, the replacement they sent with the dead pixel had a perfectly smooth slider), but other than that it's currently flawless. Thank god its over and I can put the phat back in the drawer.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the nintendo ds lite when it was released in the UK. First one I got was a black one, had a dead pixel in the middle of the touch screen. The second one I got was white and I had no problems with it. A little bit of grey appears on the supercard screen, maybe a bit of a lazy pixel but when playing the games it works fine.

Lately another lazy pixel has appeared on the top screen, you only see a red pixel on a black screen. Its rare you see this one as well so I've not really bothered. With all the trouble people have had with the DS lites I'm not sending it back.

I have had 2 DS phats with no problem. The faulty DS lites I put down at first to nintendo manufacturing them too quickly to have plenty out for release day. I thought all the problems would be fixed by now, maybe their just using cheaper parts to build it, or cheaper LCD screens.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a pink DS for the sister in law & a new black DS for me & both had stuck pixels. The wife's white DS had the same issue too. I don't get it. No fair...no QC!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could the people who just posted that they had their DSs exchanged let me know whether they received a brand new or refurbished unit, and was the d-pad any good on them? Thank you.

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could the people who just posted that they had their DSs exchanged let me know whether they received a brand new or refurbished unit, and was the d-pad any good on them? Thank you.

Well this past week I have been to 5 Walmarts, yes I said 5! Turns out I keep getting Black DS lites with some type of defect everytime. I am a perfectionist when it comes to things I own. The first one had a bad d-pad, the second one a dead pixel, the third was a bad flash @ 1%
wink2.gif
(I was so desperate to get it up and running since it looked fine that I screwed it), the fourth one had a really yellow touch screen, the fifth one I still have and looks like I will be returning it because of a bad R button (sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't).

I refuse to buy a DSL anywhere else but Walmart because of their 90-day refund or return policy. If I have a problem just take it get my refund and buy another.

Corizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 1 tiny blue stuck pixel on my top screen, it is right on the edge and is only noticable on black so I don't bother trading it in because I figure I'll probably have a worse problem if I did that

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well this past week I have been to 5 Walmarts, yes I said 5! Turns out I keep getting Black DS lites with some type of defect everytime. I am a perfectionist when it comes to things I own. The first one had a bad d-pad, the second one a dead pixel, the third was a bad flash @ 1%
wink2.gif
(I was so desperate to get it up and running since it looked fine that I screwed it), the fourth one had a really yellow touch screen, the fifth one I still have and looks like I will be returning it because of a bad R button (sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't).

I refuse to buy a DSL anywhere else but Walmart because of their 90-day refund or return policy. If I have a problem just take it get my refund and buy another.

I like my stuff to work too. But damn. You know when you return them and return them and return them, someone has to absorb the cost - Nintendo and also all us consumers. It's not like it has no effect whatsoever. The DS you got that had a bad pixel - I agree it goes back. But the others are flaws in your subjective opinion, well except for the one you destroyed. The other problems - bad d-pad, yellow touch screen, bad R button. Says who? Says you, and only you. Maybe youre right about all of them. Or maybe youre just too picky and want all of us to eat the cost of your perfectionism.

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like my stuff to work too. But damn. You know when you return them and return them and return them, someone has to absorb the cost - Nintendo and also all us consumers. It's not like it has no effect whatsoever. The DS you got that had a bad pixel - I agree it goes back. But the others are flaws in your subjective opinion, well except for the one you destroyed. The other problems - bad d-pad, yellow touch screen, bad R button. Says who? Says you, and only you. Maybe youre right about all of them. Or maybe youre just too picky and want all of us to eat the cost of your perfectionism.

It's my $129.99+tax=$140.60 I am spending remember? I work hard for my money so I expect to get what I pay for and that is a perfect working DSL that I will be happy playing on. I had no problems when I bought my first phat DS in March, it was perfect. It's not my fault NOA does not monitor their QC dept for the DSL's more closely. You can blame them for any cost you are absorbing
laugh.gif

I even gave NOA a chance. I called Customer Service on the first DSL with the bad d-pad, he ackknowledged that there is a problem with some DSL's. I asked what my options were and he said he could send me an advance replacement for $5 with a credit card on record. I asked "will I be getting a new DSL or refurbished?". He said it would be a remanufactured system. I denied it. Why would I accept a refurb 2 days after paying $140.60 for a brand new one?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my dsl was perfect when i got it, but after a few months of use:

- 1 sleeping red pixel in the top right corner of the top screen
- cracked hinge at the left side
- right trigger not clicking anymore
i got it from china, so no warranty.

and i thought it was only the ds lite, but i bought a gb micro today, and at the top, where the 2 small black screws are, the blue paint is gone there are 2 white spots, and it was a brand new unit :'(
anyway, it had no dead pixels so i wont return it also.

i guess there is no perfect ds lite/gb micro, it always has some kind of defect it seems
frown.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's my $129.99+tax=$140.60 I am spending remember? I work hard for my money so I expect to get what I pay for and that is a perfect working DSL that I will be happy playing on. I had no problems when I bought my first phat DS in March, it was perfect. It's not my fault NOA does not monitor their QC dept for the DSL's more closely. You can blame them for any cost you are absorbing
laugh.gif

I even gave NOA a chance. I called Customer Service on the first DSL with the bad d-pad, he ackknowledged that there is a problem with some DSL's. I asked what my options were and he said he could send me an advance replacement for $5 with a credit card on record. I asked "will I be getting a new DSL or refurbished?". He said it would be a remanufactured system. I denied it. Why would I accept a refurb 2 days after paying $140.60 for a brand new one?

d/n change the fact you trashed one yourself with a clumsy flash and returned it for a refund. From what I've read here youre far from alone on that one though.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know Nintendo tried to play some shit with me, I call em up and say
I got a bright blue pixel....I sent in one with a MINT screen and he says....oh well 3 dead pixels within an inch is normal.....I was like muther .... you know what I asked and the lady said I would get back a PERFECT unit...just then my DS stopped working all together (remeber the corruption when I first put the passcard in?) seems like the Slot1 is actually malfunctioning so they had no option except to send me another unit. At least I get to hold on to my DS till the newish one arrives.

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d/n change the fact you trashed one yourself with a clumsy flash and returned it for a refund. From what I've read here youre far from alone on that one though.

yeah, that's why I didn't feel bad at all
laugh.gif
. The other 4 I flashed were fine. I have even flashed a couple for some friends at work and they were also fine. It's just that I got a little too excited.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my first DS in for repairs once and they sent me one back with a dead pixel too.
I didnt get a chance to send it back or anything as they wouldnt email me back or accept my problem as a problem.
They told me to deal with it unless I wanted to pay fifty bucks.

So I lived with it, now the dead pixels are hardly noticable since not only am I used to it, but the screens are all messed up on the outside anyway.
This is a silver DS though >.>

But still, dead pixels are a pain especially when you send them a good DS and get a worse one in exchange.
I woulda rather got my origonal one back :/

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

yeah, that's why I didn't feel bad at all
laugh.gif
. The other 4 I flashed were fine. I have even flashed a couple for some friends at work and they were also fine. It's just that I got a little too excited.

Great American consumerism mentality, no wonder products/services offered in Japan are nicer, because none of this bullshit happens.

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent my first DS in for repairs once and they sent me one back with a dead pixel too.
I didnt get a chance to send it back or anything as they wouldnt email me back or accept my problem as a problem.
They told me to deal with it unless I wanted to pay fifty bucks.

So I lived with it, now the dead pixels are hardly noticable since not only am I used to it, but the screens are all messed up on the outside anyway.
This is a silver DS though >.>

But still, dead pixels are a pain especially when you send them a good DS and get a worse one in exchange.
I woulda rather got my origonal one back :/

Great American consumerism mentality, no wonder products/services offered in Japan are nicer, because none of this bullshit happens.

It happens for a reason. Don't place the blame on American consumers! Look at the quote above yours! See what I mean? Need anymore examples? Let me know so I can start posting them...
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill