Got a used red button sky3ds... Please help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lexluth0r, Nov 9, 2015.

1. lexluth0r
    OP

lexluth0r GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    So I got a used sky3ds off of cl. It didn't come with sd card so I went out and got a 32gb one, backed up some of my games for some reason I understand that this model has had the ten game limit break but I can't save! So when auto scroll gets to the game I want, I hold down the button to load the game I get to a save point and save then I hit home and exit out, then from what I read I tap the red button to "save" but the light is always flashing it doesn't stop and I cannot switch games unless I take out and reinsert the sd card, but always in the end game is save is currupt. Please help

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Go to Chinese forum to find OneRice07's ROM converter. (Or simply use Sky3DS official site's download which is a copy of OneRice07's ROM converter's old version)
    Only Card2 ROM spoofs that 10 limit.

Last edited by MelonGx, Nov 9, 2015
  3. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
  4. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    wow, no one is answering your question.

it sounds like your sd card is incompatible. Try another one (or a few) and see if it will save properly. The constant flashing usually means it is having a problem writing the save to the sd card.

5. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Also when it's flashing non stop when you put it in (Usually after writing a game), you should eject the cart WITH the SD card intact after 5 seconds (No game will show up on the list), then put it back in again and it will load the game queue list. As for your saves, you should not remove the SD card without cycling games so it will write the save file properly. I'm not sure about the major differences from red and blue button Sky but im hoping its just the ROM limit.

6. lexluth0r
    OP

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    according to that tut Ron limit was fixed with a newer version of disk writer so it's not that, problem is when I hold the red button down to play the game while I'm playing it flashes blue, same with when I exit just keeps flashing I'm not able to skip to next game unless eject the card and put it back in

7. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Yea what your saying is all correct.

The newest disk writer works on 10+ games. I have only gotten the initial 10 games first installed to be a able to switch with the button otherwise its pop it out and hold when the game pops up on auto scroll

8. lexluth0r
    OP

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    Ok I tried a different sd card and same end result no saving unless I leave the 3ds on. So when it's auto scrolling it flashes rapidly when it switches games when it gets to my game I hold down the button till it loads then play the game while that's happening the blue light is still flashing not easily but at a steady rate, so when I save in game I exit to home menu and close software then I hit the red button to save it the flashing stops for the duration of the button press but then goes right back to steady flashing unless I eject the game card then load back in wait till it gets to my game and I start all over but in the end the result is still the same game data is corrupt

9. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    One possible reason about your save corruption is your Red Button Sky3DS has run out all the 10 game limit.
    If you burn a 11th game, it can't access the EEPROM for saving, then the save definitely corrupts.
    So that's why I told you to find that Chinese software to change your ROM into Card2.
    Card2 doesn't rely on EEPROM which causes the 10 limit.

Last edited by MelonGx, Nov 10, 2015
  10. lexluth0r
    OP

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    Ok so I found the converter program and a tut to use it but still once u load the converter I cannot convert the small box from all f's to numbers.

11. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Wha--t? I'm sorry but can you be a bit more precise about these boxes, perhaps a screenshot? You're not making much sense here bud

12. lexluth0r
    OP

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    Sorry I was pretty drunk I ended up downloading an older version and that was my problem I recently got everything working with a newer version. Thank you so much for your help