DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, been a while since I followed tools, I don't know if there's anything newer/better.
That, or something like that, will let you backup and restore your EmuNAND at will, which is all that step in particular does.
Agh, currently stuck on part 14. "Test if the save is functional"

I get a black screen on boot, so I did this troubleshooting thing and installed all the .cia's https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Still black screen, I just reinstalled the game, still black screen

Agh

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Another Emu/rednand person, yes I too am stuck at this issue. Only way I get the game to boot is by installing it on sysnand as well as rednand. I'm still not sure this is the proper way to do it to test the exploit or not.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agh, currently stuck on part 14. "Test if the save is functional"

I get a black screen on boot, so I did this troubleshooting thing and installed all the .cia's https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Still black screen, I just reinstalled the game, still black screen

Agh
You unfortunately can't run DSiWare out of a plain EmuNAND setup.
EmuNAND only redirects in your standard CTR mode; it isn't able to continue redirecting once you swap out to TWL.

If you took the backup, and are certain you installed the save correctly (namely by following the instructions) you can try to continue.
Alternatively, you can swap to SysNAND and inject the title to confirm it works there; though this makes things more complex.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
You unfortunately can't run DSiWare out of a plain EmuNAND setup.
EmuNAND only redirects in your standard CTR mode; it isn't able to continue redirecting once you swap out to TWL.

If you took the backup, and are certain you installed the save correctly (namely by following the instructions) you can try to continue.
Alternatively, you can swap to SysNAND and inject the title to confirm it works there; though this makes things more complex.

so confused at this point,

Guess the only option i have is Synand... Not sure if the emunand issue is result of gateway or not

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so confused at this point,

Guess the only option i have is Synand... Not sure if the emunand issue is result of gateway or not
It's not particularly gateway, just how EmuNANDs work; especially with A9LH SysNAND being the new norm.
The edits you made should still be there, you just have no direct way to check.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's not particularly gateway, just how EmuNANDs work; especially with A9LH SysNAND being the new norm.
The edits you made should still be there, you just have no direct way to check.
Jeez thats scary... I guess I got one shot, going in blind... ill tell you what issue ill find next... :'(

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez thats scary... I guess I got one shot, going in blind... ill tell you what issue ill find next... :'(
That's what the NAND backup is for!
...though really, it probably would've been a far smarter idea to try this off the SysNAND; I forgot about that part.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wife and i have orginal 9.2 o3sxls and we are thinking of upgradeing but didnt know which ones to buy to keep the cias etc she wanted the gravity one and i one of the loz

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wife and i have orginal 9.2 o3sxls and we are thinking of upgradeing but didnt know which ones to buy to keep the cias etc she wanted the gravity one and i one of the loz
If you have old, hacked ones then you can use the DSiWare downgrade.
The newest ones (so, Galaxy) are 11.0, older ones may vary.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are they already hacked ? If not go hack them using http://3ds.guide then to downgrade the n3ds's (assuming they're on 11.0+)use the dsiware downgrade mentioned in the above guide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you have old, hacked ones then you can use the DSiWare downgrade.
The newest ones (so, Galaxy) are 11.0, older ones may vary.

Sooooo... I'm on step 15
  • If it is successful, the device will boot into the homebrew launcher
As soon as I launch the title the screen freezes up, once again could be the emunand issue

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo... I'm on step 15
  • If it is successful, the device will boot into the homebrew launcher
As soon as I launch the title the screen freezes up, once again could be the emunand issue
Pretty sure you can use HBL exploits in EmuNAND normally?
Also, Steelhax is really touchy.

If you have another entrypoint (legit CN/OoT generally) then you can ignore this and use that.
Otherwise, give it a few tries, maybe try the steel diver troubleshooting.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure you can use HBL exploits in EmuNAND normally?
Also, Steelhax is really touchy.

If you have another entrypoint (legit CN/OoT generally) then you can ignore this and use that.
Otherwise, give it a few tries, maybe try the steel diver troubleshooting.
Is
Section IV - ctr-httpwn

mandatory? because I do not own any of the exploitable games https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(no-browser)

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'd just update to 11.2 and then you don't have to use ctr-httpwn. Had the same problem earlier this week when I hacked a friends console
The DSiWare downgrade technically works on 11.2, so you could upgrade it, but that's its own mess.
There's a post around here on how to browserhax an 11.0 at least once; you could possibly try that.

Ok thanks guys, updating now... cant get browser hacks to work

Reactions: clancy94

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
The DSiWare downgrade technically works on 11.2, so you could upgrade it, but that's its own mess.
There's a post around here on how to browserhax an 11.0 at least once; you could possibly try that.
I'd just update to 11.2 and then you don't have to use ctr-httpwn. Had the same problem earlier this week when I hacked a friends console

Got my new 3ds working it seams...

The Exeidia exploit worked, but I cant get into the homebrew channel with any exploits so far... Agh, Im not sure if what I even did on https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade tutorial even installed a9lh

Just so lost, feel so close to getting it done tho, just want my pokemon_sun.cia installed again :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person