Hacking Got a new 3ds, move from old?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my new 3ds working it seams...

The Exeidia exploit worked, but I cant get into the homebrew channel with any exploits so far... Agh, Im not sure if what I even did on https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade tutorial even installed a9lh

Just so lost, feel so close to getting it done tho, just want my pokemon_sun.cia installed again :(
No, NFIRM downgrade doesn't itself install A9LH; you'd know if that were installed.

Did the DSiWare exploit actually, run though? Did you downgrade NFIRM?
That should be something you can see that it happened (or at least tried to) from the prompts actually appearing.

If you installed Steelhax for the right version into the game, you can try that out.
Otherwise, you'll need some sort of entrypoint to continue.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
No, NFIRM downgrade doesn't itself install A9LH; you'd know if that were installed.

Did the DSiWare exploit actually, run though? Did you downgrade NFIRM?
That should be something you can see that it happened (or at least tried to) from the prompts actually appearing.

If you installed Steelhax for the right version into the game, you can try that out.
Otherwise, you'll need some sort of entrypoint to continue.
Ya welp, I did the NFIRM downgrade with the DSI game, Steelhax is not working...

Any other exploit I can use?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anything compatible from this table: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits#Standalone_Homebrew_Launcher_Exploits
Also, oot3dhax, basehaxx, stickerhax or genhax if you have any of the accompanying physical games; your O3DS should be able to install an exploit to a cart.
If you don't have any physical games you could try using this - http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-u...-your-exploit-games-ready-for-slowhax.450675/ hasn't been tested on 11.2 but worth a shot
I got OOT at an EB games today but it seams I need a hacked save in order todo the exploit meaning a system transfer again, ugh... Got to wait a week I guess

Also I tried clancy94's tut on browser hacks but I just get this error on my new 3ds "unable to play video"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@DoJo_Master
You inject the OoT save on your hacked 3ds then just put it in the one you're trying to hack. You don't need to system transfer back

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
@DoJo_Master
You inject the OoT save on your hacked 3ds then just put it in the one you're trying to hack. You don't need to system transfer back

OMG thank you so much!, just declined my order on ebay for a cubic ninja hahaha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@DoJo_Master

Agh just got another error trying to install 11.2.0-35 OTTHax...

"Downloading payload..."
"D8A0A046"

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okey man, breath alright? I had the same issue you have right now with Steelhax. I never got OoT3DS to work so I had to use my Freakyforms Deluxe.
Can I ask, have you done the downgrade for your NFIRM? So it's socalled 10.4?

Reactions: clancy94

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Last edited by linuxares,

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First thing I tried, nope says "unable to play video"
Okey, so your Source 3DS. Start OoT3DS Hax and set it to 10.4 for your Target 3DS. The payload download should work but it might been a glitch when you tried.

Edit: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29 seem to be version 10.4.0-29 the NFIRM is for with that dgtool downgrade.

Last edited by linuxares,

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okey, so your Source 3DS. Start OoT3DS Hax and set it to 10.4 for your Target 3DS. The payload download should work but it might been a glitch when you tried.

Edit: Hmm, you might need to double check in system settnings on your Target 3DS what the end numbers are. 2.50-11 doesn't tell me much to figure out.
Tried dat, same error.. it fails to grab the URL

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada

Alright so I did the tut everyone keep giving me, installed Luma CFW...

Started to install my old pokemon sun save/cia on the system.

But I now realize the tutorial "https://3ds.guide/" does not mention an emunand at all!
So now I have everything working but Im on version 9.2 sysnand and cant run pokemon due to it requiring v11

Do I have to reformat my card and create an emunand? Does emunand even exist with this setup? (im used to using gateway logic)

I was scared to update and lose my progress so I made this post, thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-