Hacking Got a EX Flash 3 in 1,now what?

greenwatch200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the title says EX ._.

AKAIO has native support for the 3-in-1. Just put your GBA ROMS onto your microSD, and launch them regularly.
It's in the wiki: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO
dry.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
greenwatch: sometimes we need to spell it out. i don't think half of the people know how to actually read.

3in1 from the WIKI said:
Settings: Start > More > 3in1/FAS1

Rumble level - Off/Low/Medium/High
NOR Mode - Auto/Always
Backup GBA save at startup - Disabled/Enabled
Prompt before Save/Load - Disabled/Enabled
GBA Universal sleep - Disable/Enabled (L+R+Start: Sleep and Select+Start: Wake up)

The NOR mode auto setting will send any GBA ROM less than 17MB to PSRAM, while the "always" setting will flash every GBA ROM to NOR. Prompt before Save/Load will prompt the user for a "Yes/No" response before loading or saving any GBA .SAV files. This is the recommend way to use your GBA expansion cart without loss of .SAV data.

EZ-Flash 3in1
AKAIO supports native loading of GBA games into an EZ 3in1. If an EZ 3in1 is detected, it will show .GBA games. These games are launched by pressing A, then AKAIO will autopatch the game (for save type) and flash it to the NOR or PSRAM of the EZ 3in1 depending on your settings and the game's file size. The save file for the game will be loaded/saved depending your settings. The next time a GBA game is launched SRAM is overwritten as the EZ 3in1 shares an SRAM bank for saves. Make sure to back-up your save files!

NOTE: If an EZ-Flash 3in1 was purchased more recently then it may be a "3in1+" and will require AKAIO 1.4 to function fully. This includes the browser support and rumble support. GBA ROM flashing and playback has been supported on the new 3in1+ since AKAIO 1.3 Final.

-another world

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have to turn on the backup save files
to save my games?
And can i play Kingdom Hearts CoM and Mother 3?
(Since they are like 30 MB)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you don't enable "back up save at startup" you have to back up the save manually. i leave on to back up and to prompt. this way i never have to remember to back up and i have the choice to do it or not. mother3 works great with akaio and the 3in1. any rom 32MB or under will work in NOR.

-another world

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need a homebrew to use the rumble and RAM expansion?
And can you use cheats with GBA games?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure about the homebrew, but sadly, you can't use cheats. The only flashcart that is able to use cheats is the M3Real. You will have to use the cheats on the Visual Boy Advance, transfer the save to your SD Card, and that is it. I would love to see the AceKard create an expansion then let it use cheats, but right now, I don't think it has any plans since it is working on the AceKard 2i.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i never tested my rumble because 1) it eats the battery and 2) it feels like crap. i have an official rumble pack i picked up with metroid prime pinball for $20. i think the code is in there for the rumble but it will not work on the 3in1+ as that code was never released. the ram expansion works on the old and plus kits now. i use opera all the time to check my gmail =). you can always patch your gba games before hand. they will require a fixed header to work in most cases after you alter the rom. as for saves, there are patching routines in the akaio gba code. they should work but if you find one that doesn't you could always ask for it to be supported (if possible). also there is gba exploader, it does mean you have to launch a homebrew before running your gba roms, but it is the best alternative.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the battery is a 3 volt battery used to back up the nor saves. all real gba flash kits have them for the save files. my flash2advance is 9yrs old and working fine, but it never saw heavy use. i would say you could get 3+ yrs if you use it every day. i've seen a few mod projects where people crammed in a 3 volt battery from the pokemon game.

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Israel011 said:
It has a battery?!
How long does it last?

To clarify, when Another World said that rumble eats up your battery, he meant that it eats up the NDS battery's charge time (not the 3-in-1 battery, which is only used to store save data).

-Bri

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Mother 3 and the translation team screen was messed
up. And it did not allow me to coninue after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2