Goomba Color Problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Wingz136, Jun 3, 2009.

Jun 3, 2009

Goomba Color Problems by Wingz136 at 6:54 PM (1,635 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Wingz136
    OP

Newcomer Wingz136 Member

United Kingdom
    I've got an EZ-Flash IV for my gameboy micro but I can't get goomba color to work.
    I use the goombafront tool, select the roms I want and press compile, all that happens is a fille called goomba.gom appears in the folder.
    I've tried sticking all the files on my card and running them, to no avail.
    Any help with this is much appreciated.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Make sure your output file isn't named "goomba.gba" or you'll be overwriting the emulator core. Also make sure your rom names don't have any weird characters in them (like in Pokemon for instance). Worst case, move everything to paths without spaces, but I doubt you'll have to go that far.

3. Wingz136
    OP

Newcomer Wingz136 Member

United Kingdom
    Tried all that (not the no spaces thing, but thats hardly wort the time) and no luck any other suggestions/ideas?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Go to the PocketHeaven Wiki article on Goomba and make sure you're using the frontend correctly.

If that still doesn't work, then the only suggestion I have is to do it manually. Navigate to the folder in a command window and type the following command:
    Code:
    copy /b goomba.gba + GAME1.gb + GAME2.gb + ... + GAME15.gb NEW_OUTPUT_FILENAME.gba
    Obviously replace GAME1 GAME2 etc with the actual filenames of your GB/C games. Tab-completion will help tremendously here. You should get an output *.gba file that will run in VBA and can be flashed to your card.

5. Wingz136
    OP

Newcomer Wingz136 Member

United Kingdom
    ok, thanks, ill try that