Google plans to add another 10 games to the Stadia's launch lineup

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 18, 2019.

Front-page
    stadia.0-d203.jpg

Initially, Google Stadia was set to go live with 12 games to choose from, to which the public wasn't too happy with, as competing services promised double or even triple the number of games upon their own launch. Google has decided to increase the amount of launch titles, now bringing the full day 1 lineup to 22 games. Those new additions include:
    • Attack on Titan: Final Battle 2
    • Farming Simulation 2019
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Football Manager 2020
    • Grid 2019
    • Metro Exodus
    • NBA 2K20
    • Rage 2
    • Trials Rising
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    These 10 games were all supposed to be added later on in 2019, but have been pushed up a few weeks to meet the service's launch. Google Stadia's launch is imminent, with the service slated to begin on November 19th, with availability in 14 different territories including both the USA and the UK. More games are scheduled to be added to Stadia's library of games before the end of the year, and well into 2020.

:arrow: Source

NoNAND and HylianBran like this.
    Discussion (39 replies)
  1. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    The game's quality is not debatable, but I was hoping that from Google, the library would be quite bigger.

Funnily, they don't have that many time-waster, like the mobile match-3 games, object search games, visual novels, etc.

They are trying to compete with them consoles, it seems...
    Weird.

2. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot ...The Nintendo DSi, am I right?

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Nice, more games I don’t give an absolute dogshit about!

3. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Anyone who is interested in game streaming might as well get X Cloud from Microsoft. You get more games, on more devices, and a lot more "exclusives".

MarkDarkness, CallmeBerto and Zense like this.
  4. PineappleGod

PineappleGod Banished God (My name's Piney)

Oct 2, 2019
    United States
    Now in GhostLatte's van!
    The streaming service aspect of this I find bullcrap. Not everyone has the internet connection speeds required to stream games, and bring the audio/videophile I am, the quality and bitrate I am being offered is not good enough for me. What's the point of 4k60 if the h.264 compression makes it look like trash on a 65" TV? And I won't have good internet connection all the time. I understand if this appeals to the more financially constrainted, but they are trying to sell this to everyone, which is useless. It is similar to the Blu-ray vs Streaming debate. I WANT MY 7.1 DTS MASTER AUDI-

TL; DR what @Trash_Bandatcoot said.

Last edited by PineappleGod, Nov 18, 2019
  5. banjojohn

banjojohn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    You start by mentioning not everyone has good enough connection. Then go on talking about your specific wants and needs as you are an audiophile/videophile. Well, one could use your own argument against you. Not everyone is an audiophile/videophile.

Could be their aim isn't to replace your high-end gaming rig, where every millisecond and every pixel is ever-important, but instead they aim for the masses.

Note: I'm not getting Google Stadia and not a fanboy. I'm not audiophile/audiohile. Nor do I have a connection fast enough for Stadia :)

x65943, PineappleGod and Kyouhei like this.
  6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Ouch. While this in theory is nothing to complain about, they really should've sticked to their original plan. It's only one more day before release, FFS. The moment it turns out that, yes, the available games ARE very playable despite requiring fast reflexes and low latency, the majority of complaints will evaporate. And in case that the games won't be playable, adding more reflex-based games to the line-up isn't convincing anyone.

This is the same sort of shit that divided Sega: North America was all set for a "saturn day" release day...and sega of Japan just decides to release the saturn some days before that. The advantage gains simply doesn't weigh in against the lost momentum in the long run.

Otherwise said: Stadia isn't even released and already the critics have a trump card against it. :(

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Impressive lineup for the 2 people planning on using this service

8. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    I think the masses would prefer to buy a console than have their driveway and walls torn up to thread high speed internet into their home, assuming they can convince the landlord if they're renting.

9. PineappleGod

PineappleGod Banished God (My name's Piney)

Oct 2, 2019
    United States
    Now in GhostLatte's van!
    Ye. I remember when I got Google fiber, they destroyed the entire road just to install one wire, then covered it up.

Last edited by PineappleGod, Nov 18, 2019
  10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    more games won't change the fact it's still a shitty cloud streaming service.

11. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    At least now Germans can play farming simulator on their phone, while on break at work!

12. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Wolfenstein youngblood. Truly a genius pick.

Dr.Hacknik likes this.
  13. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    With very action/reflex heavy games like Wolfenstein, I believe that Google thinks they have the tech to support it well. I may die on this hill but if anyone can pull it off. I think it's them

14. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    I hope you're joking. Because Wolfenstein Youngblood was a more amusing joke than your comment imo.

Seriously, Stadia is already failing.

15. Kraken_X

Kraken_X Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United States
    Google has a separate gaming service for Android games, where you get to play them unlimited for a monthly fee. That service has the more casual games. I'd be more inclined to buy that service than Stadia since you don't need to "buy" games (at full price!) that you will never have any sort of ownership over and need to keep paying a separate fee to even play them.

Given that you can get a used PS4 or Xbone for under $100 and the games used for half the price Stadia charges, even the poor would be much better suited getting a console.

Last edited by Kraken_X, Nov 18, 2019
  16. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't think he was serious. I don't think anyone really enjoyed that game. I guess taking out the main character from the game, and replacing him with 2 unlikeable characters isn't a good idea. On top of that, turning a FPS into a forced co op looter shooter, lol. I sure do love bullet sponge enemies, that was my favorite part of Skyrim! :P

Dr.Hacknik likes this.
  17. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I never said Wolfenstein was a good game. I'm just saying shooters require minimal input lag and a steady framerate. I remain cautiously optimistic

18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, that's nice, but I refuse to pay for games I can't even download to my hard drive. No deal. I hope this fails.

19. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    Since everyone's hating on this you can give me an invite code if you have one I'll gladly take it

Nerdtendo likes this.