Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alidsl said:
deanxxczx said:
So, this is like add-ons?
If it has a bookmark sidebar and ad blocker i'm there.
Same, but google lives on ads so...

There are several ad blockers available. In the official extension gallery, I know of two (AdSweep and AdThwart), and there several more I dont think are in the gallery (AdBlock+ and DvrCr Ad Blocker or something weird like that). And there are site specific ones for sites like facebook etc as welll.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
According to the "Ad Sweeper" extension page, all it can do is HIDE the ads, due to limitations to what javascript extensions can do. Also, it crashes occasionally I hear. So if those are enough problems for you to not try it, then don't get it.

QUOTE said:
Note: I do know it only hides ads. It's impossible to block ads like AdBlock Plus for Firefox does. Any extensions claiming that they do block ads are lying.
The reason for this is because Chrome extensions uses Javascript, and it's impossible to block connections through Javascript like it's possible using native code in Firefox.

Some people recommend AdThwart which blocks some ads from loading/connecting to while Ad Sweeper can HIDE the others AdThwart can't block.

On the good side, XMarks for Chrome is now Beta so that's pretty cool. If you still have the ALPHA, you must manually update it (no need to uninstall) at this page.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SOS-Rens said:
I'm using Google chrome for a while now and I love it ^^
You can switch between themes it's much quicker than Internet explorer
I heard Google chrome is getting an OS lik windows and linux ^^ sounds fun

I downloaded the beta version, and, it sucked.

It's only a web browser. No desktop, no nothing.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
According to the "Ad Sweeper" extension page, all it can do is HIDE the ads, due to limitations to what javascript extensions can do. Also, it crashes occasionally I hear. So if those are enough problems for you to not try it, then don't get it.

QUOTE said:
Note: I do know it only hides ads. It's impossible to block ads like AdBlock Plus for Firefox does. Any extensions claiming that they do block ads are lying.
The reason for this is because Chrome extensions uses Javascript, and it's impossible to block connections through Javascript like it's possible using native code in Firefox.

Some people recommend AdThwart which blocks some ads from loading/connecting to while Ad Sweeper can HIDE the others AdThwart can't block.

On the good side, XMarks for Chrome is now Beta so that's pretty cool. If you still have the ALPHA, you must manually update it (no need to uninstall) at this page.
Hmm... no Adblock is a deal-breaker for me. Of course, Google would never make Chrome Adblock-compatible because they are responsible for most of the ads on the internet in the first place.
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i have liked google chrome as it is faster on some websites than firefox but script handling and overall add-on availability makes firefox better for me
nice work with the extensions addition, it doesnt seem to far tht google would be on par with firefox though firefox first page is google hence advertising google themselves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1