Good video editing software?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Jiehfeng, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    Is there any video editing software which can import .TS files? I tried wondershare video editor but there's audio sync issues. And avidemux is too slow. And it doesn't have to be a free program.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    What standard is embedded within the .ts files?
    For MPEG1/2 stuff
    http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html
    For AVC/H264 there is http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DGAVCDec though I have not put it through its paces for AVC sporting transport streams.

The author also has a further set of tools aimed at using graphics cards to speed decoding, though you do get to pay for those.
    Edit. Also in the free world is a MVC (3d video) but I have not so much as even downloaded the binary there.

You then get to feed it on to other programs, avisynth and megui are what took things for me there but not so many people seem to be down with avisynth these days. I am actually not sure what goes for other programs but the decoders I would quite happily use terms like "reference grade" to describe.

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i would convert it from .ts to a ps container .mpg with avidemux .

4. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria

Umm, do those programs allow me to split videos and combine videos? Like normal video editing softwares?

It's too slow.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    SONY VEGAS PRO 9 can import .ts files,my capture card(avermedia dark crystal hd) captures my gameplay in that format.
    i believe that only 9 can, so dont get any higher version hoping that they will
    also it can do every thing you where asking

Jiehfeng likes this.
  6. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria

Funny how I just tried it. I tried pro 12, it imports .ts files. :D
    But I think my PC is too slow and there's so much lag.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Avisynth can do basically everything up until the points where you might have to consider playing with after effects or a 3d modeller. So yeah frame accurate trimming and splicing is certainly possible.

Beyond that the DG?dec stuff can technically merge and trim videos as well. I tend to use it more when I am ripping a DVD or fiddling with the results of a camcorder. Here a continuous section of video might be split between files and it can put it back together there.

I should have also mentioned you can feed avisynth scripts into other programs as well. This means if you wanted you could fiddle with DG?dec, make a basic decode script in avisynth and feed that into a "normal" video editor.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  8. Plainscript

Plainscript GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2012
    Netherlands
    Current favorite freebie when it comes to editing videos. :)

http://www.shotcut.org/

9. MrEl

MrEl GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    I have always used Sony Vegas Pro before I learned how to use Final Cut Pro. :)