Gaming Good Rhythm games?

Scumisen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I curious on some good rhythm games, I have played Elite Beta Agents, Ouendan and the japanese drum game (starts with t I think). Any good rhythm games I have missed? I guess so...

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well you played the best one (Ouendan Series+EBA) but there's Daiguso Band Brother something like that, it like in the first 0-100 slice of roms, it's a japanese game, but quite simple to play.

People will maybe recommend Nodame Cantabile but im not a big fan of it, found it really easy and didn't satisfied me.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ontamarama is a little bit like a trickier oendan except the music on it is rubbish. I really enjoyed playing Daissago, it's one of the games that never leave my R4.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drum game is named Taiko no Tatsujin. The only other rhythm game I can think of off the top of my head is Pinky Street: Kira Kira Music Hour, which is apparently going to be translated and released in Europe as Kira Kira Pop Princess next year.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Draglade is a bit different. Sure, you've got rhythm, but the music is sort of made in a way that Ontamarama was made. It's pretty drab, and the amount of difficulty in landing all "Cool"s just ends up annoying a lot of people in the end.

All in all, it could have been decent. It could have, had it not screwed its storyline (typical generic storyline, absolutely no humor or attempts at making heavy twists) and music (typical_battle_music.mp3, etc, etc).

You haven't missed much, trust me. Ouendan and EBA are just about as good as it gets for a long while.

RexxFiend

Trophies
XP
Country
There's Rythmn Tengoku for the GBA - It's fantastic.
(you haven't lived until you've plucked beard hairs from an onion in time to a beat ;-)

Scumisen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I´ll try the games you have mentioned except Draglade (already tried it but I didn´t like it).

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I played dranglade and liked it, but it is rather beat them all game than rythm game (thou there are some rythm combos, but you can pass all the gme without using them (expect part of fighting final boss).

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's Rythmn Tengoku for the GBA - It's fantastic.
(you haven't lived until you've plucked beard hairs from an onion in time to a beat ;-)

Yup! That's the one. I found this even better than all the Ouendan's and Elite Beat Agents together.

sigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Picchi Pichi Pichitto Live Start

It's like a dance mat game with the arrows etc..

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhythm Tengoku, Ouendan/EBA, Electroplankton (not really a "Rhythm game" but musical and an absolute blast all the time
happy.gif
), and Daigassou Band Brothers.

I imported both Electroplankton and DBB when they were released in Japan from Lik-Sang (:'() and it was the best decision I ever made. Even when I had my R4 I kept going back to them. DBB has a song creation mode, so you can never run out of songs (the amount of created songs are limited, but I think there is someway to hack in more and you can always delete old ones for new ones).

We need a good online rhythm games soon. That'd be really cool.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I found Nodame Cantabile a tad more fun and addicting than the EBA/Ouendan series, but I think I'm the only person here who thinks that.

*Runs*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."