agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a few good arcade games that work on MAME.
So far I only have a few with Marvel vs Capcom, Bubble Bobble and the Simpsons arcade game being the best in my collection.

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you like Simpsons try TMNT. Also Street Fighter II turbo, kinda a given. Some of my other favs: Wonder Boy (I prefer the first one), Bomb Jack - original and Japanese Remake, APB (although not quite the same without the manic spinning of the steering wheel), Final Fight, Galaga, Glaxian, Ghost 'n Goblins, Golden Axe, Metal Slug, Pac-Land, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Bobble, R-Type, Rolling Thunder, Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix for a different kind of Street Fighter oh and Hot Rod.

Apologies for any possible crappiness with theses games. It's these darn rose tinted glasses you see.
wink.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
craploads of GOOD GAMES work you just have to

a) make sure you have full sets of roms no parts missing!

and

b) the correct BIOS files (there are several different ones needed) for the games to run correctly
smile.gif

google0dw.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myke said:
I like a lot of the neo geo, cps1 cps2 games. dungeons and dragons and 3wonders used to be my favorite when I was a kid.

+1

I was just going to post, Neo Geo, CPS1 and CPS2 are by far the best collections of games. And they all play via Mame. (i know, i have all three entire collections >_>)

Other great games - Superman, Bucky O'Hare, X-men (4 or 6 player), SpiderMan and his Amazing Friends, Batman & Robin (its odd, but its charming in its own way as well), Aliens... erm. I can't think of many others right now. There are tons more, but most of them are in the NeoGeo/CPS1/CPS2 category.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend kawaks for the neo geo cps1 and cps2 games over mame. IMO kawaks runs them a little bit better and colors are nicer looking. Mame does run them great too though.
I already know as soon as my mame cabinet is up and running I'm gonna have a front end with mame and kawaks on it so I can pick depending on what game I want to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: