Gaming Good Games for a 10 year old

lou00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi my little cousin just got an acekard 2 and i have to put some games on it for him so i was wondering what would be some good games for him.

thanks

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Mario games (part/kart/bros.),Zelda and Pokemon are good.And Starfy when it comes out. And Kirby games.

And does he read manga? If he does Jump ultimate stars with the translation patch will be good

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he has a working ds then Zubo is pretty fun. Although it has to be working meaning touch screen and microphone cause my mic is broken so I can't get past this part where u have to wake this girl up lol.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that age group I'd imagine that anything out of Nintendo 1st party that's a 'mascot' title like a Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, or Starfy out in June would be fantastic. That said, is this 10 year old an anime fan? There are some great Naruto games that would fit the bill, but then again most the anime titles would be fit for that group except perhaps Bleach.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Grand theft auto.
laugh.gif

Back on topic, Super Mario 64, Phantom Hourglass, Sonic Rush (Adventure), Pokemon maybe if that's his thing.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much any game that involves some weird form of perversion. By the mid teen years, it starts to lose its novelty.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm games for a ten year old? will what type of kid is he? sporty? nerdy? outgoing? crazy? cos its no point spouting random games if u dont know what type of games he likes and what type of kid he is >.>

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Robot Taisen...

Seriously, though:

For a 10 year old I'd definitely go with:

Zubo
Super Mario Bros
Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle
Kung Fu Panda
Tak Mojo Mistake
Spongebob Squarepants Drawn To Life
Transformers: Animated Series - The Game
Speed Racer
Sonic Rush 1 & 2
Spectrobes
Spongebob Squarepants: The Yellow Avenger
Star Wars The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance
Super Mario 64
Justice League Heroes
Pokemon Platinum (easier than putting both Pearl and Diamond on his card)
Diddy Kong Racing

Yes, I know my list is license heavy, but didn't we mostly play those kind of games as a youth. I couldn't tell you how many crap games based on the Simpsons I used to own, but at least these are all higher quality than more shovelware.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ten year olds need hard games. When I was ten, I was all into it and would do anything to beat a game. Get a little older and it's like "Who cares; it's just a game."

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
x.domination said:
Erm yah.... Final Fantasy Chocbo Tales and Dragon Quest Heroes : Rocket Slime too(DQH:RS is an AMAZING game)

no no no, u don give a kid chocobo tales, that game is tough... a 10 year old would probably enjoy drawn to life more than a frustrating game like chocobo tales...

Drawn to Life.... so they can have a thing for "creative" scribbling, yes that is fun. If he likes spongebob.... probably the spongebob version of Drawn to Life too. 5th cell games..... Drawn to Life, Lock's Quest and the TBA Scribblenauts,they are all great games. Oh and did anyone mention Proffesor Layton?

Still i recommend Nintendo games more....

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
x.domination said:
mrfatso said:
x.domination said:
Erm yah.... Final Fantasy Chocbo Tales and Dragon Quest Heroes : Rocket Slime too(DQH:RS is an AMAZING game)

no no no, u don give a kid chocobo tales, that game is tough... a 10 year old would probably enjoy drawn to life more than a frustrating game like chocobo tales...

Drawn to Life.... so they can have a thing for "creative" scribbling, yes that is fun. If he likes spongebob.... probably the spongebob version of Drawn to Life too. 5th cell games..... Drawn to Life, Lock's Quest and the TBA Scribblenauts,they are all great games. Oh and did anyone mention Proffesor Layton?

Professor layton is NOT a game for a 10 year old... its hard as hell, but i still managed to finish it
but seriously its HARD

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
zeromac said:
x.domination said:
mrfatso said:
x.domination said:

Professor layton is NOT a game for a 10 year old... its hard as hell, but i still managed to finish it
but seriously its HARD

I know i just gave up early in the game... im stupid. But its rated "E" so why not give it a try.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
x.domination said:

Rocket Slime is the most boring and shittest game i have ever played he should play Jump! Ultimate Stars

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Lubbo said:
x.domination said:

Rocket Slime is the most boring and shittest game i have ever played he should play Jump! Ultimate Stars

Rocket Slime is wacky and has Zelda-esque adventure aspects(although not as good) and the Tank Battles were great fun the mix matching of ammo was nice and throwing yourself or team-mates out the cannon was great ..... Plus you can collect monsters. But of course not everyone appreciates it.

yozyoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend both Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Rings of Fate and Echoes of Time)

it's not the traditional turn-based ff game, it's more of an action-RPG type where you just slash every monster you see lol.

my 9yr old brother loves both of them so I figured I should recommend them

plus, (assuming you have a DS as well) you could play with him co-op
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi