Good DS Games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Inylo2, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2008

Good DS Games by Inylo2 at 2:28 AM (1,149 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Inylo2
    OP

Inylo2 Newbie

Hey guys, Iny2 here...

You know, we've all heard of these great games, right?

RPG: TWEWY, DQ4, Pokemon Etc.

Strategy: Adavnce Wars, FFTA2, Disgaea

Shooter(in General): CoD5, Contra, Metal Slug

Platformer: Castlevania

AND ON AND ON..

But, I would LOVE it if someone could post some less known games, of any genre.

THANKS

2. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Summon Nights: Twin Age is a good rpg game.

3. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
  4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Well, I enjoyed Crash of the Titans. It's a 3D platformer with some combat. It's also linear like the PS1 games. If you liked the PS1 games, you'll probably like this. It's short though.

Dementium is a really impressive 1st person shooter. It's a bit redundant though. You explore a sanitarium, but the environments never really ever change. It's pretty scary though if you're into survival horror.

Another fun shooter is Bionicle Heroes. Don't be fooled by the Lego license. It's a fun FPS.

I also liked Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. It's a over-shoulder 3D monster collecting RPG. It's a nice alternative to Pokemon if you've grown tired of the sameness of Pokemon (like me).

Robocalypse is an excellent RTS. It's come the closest to PC RTS games I've seen on DS.

Civilization Revolution is pretty fun. It's like the PC games. Has some flaws, but if you liked the PC games, you'll probably take a shine to this.

Chibi Robo is a neat park simulator. It's fun, but not for everyone.

Pac n Roll is a game that reminded me of Super Monkey Ball. You use the stylus to roll a transformed Pacman around 3D levels. It's simple fun.

Kirby Canvas Curse. Probably one of the best uses of the stylus I've seen. You draw paths for a ball-shaped Kirby to guide him through levels.

Kirby Super Star Ultra. One of finest classics on the Super NES just got a DS remake a few months ago. Although not innovative like Canvas Curse, and not using the stylus much, it's an awesome 2D platformer!

Zubo is a neat little rhythm-based RPG. I haven't gotten very far in it, but I liked it.

Soma Bringer is an excellent action RPG. It uses 3D characters on 2D background. There's I believe a near complete translation now.

Tales of Innocence. It's only in Japanese at the moment, but a work-in-progress translation is being done by the same people who did Tales of Phantasia on PS1.

Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble captured the look and feel of the Gamecube games really well. That is, if you can get over the poorly implemented touch gimmicks. If you can, it's awesome.

5. Inylo2
    OP

Inylo2 Newbie

WOW, thanks guys, these games are great! Keep em coming

6. brissmas

Member brissmas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The Simpsons Game is alright.

7. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Diddy Kong Racing DS was a fun alternative to Mario Kart. It was underrated by reviewers for putting badly implemented touch controls in the game. Like, in order to obtain a boost at the start of a race, you'd have to spin a wheel or propeller on the touch screen. It's hard to do that and quickly change to the A button after getting the boost. I just choose not to perform the boosts since it's not mandatory.

They also removed the Rare-owned characters, Conker and Banjo. A shame no doubt, but it doesn't really affect the actual game. They replaced them with Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong. All the rest of the characters are there as they are owned by Nintendo.

At heart, it's the same game as the N64 game. They even upped the framerate to make it smoother! It looks almost exactly the same. Textures are the same, and don't suffer from excessive blockiness like many 3D DS games.

8. Inylo2
    OP

Inylo2 Newbie

Crash of the Titans is AWESOME! YOU ARE SO HELPFUL! Thanks, Im gonna try out DK Racing now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.