Hacking good ds browser for ackared 2

powerfull Tails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a good ds Internet browser for ackared 2 that does not use the ram pack?

like one that i can log on to sites and chat (like gbatemp etc) surf the web and view images..(forget YouTube it ain't possible for what i know).

SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
uh hmmm, have you tried google? I don't mean to be rude or anything.
I know there's one that connects to your pc which caches websites, making them a lot easier to load, hence eliminating the use of a ram pak. Forget what it's called
frown.gif
sorry!
But other than that, homebrew browsers aren't top of the line. I think that in the DS family, the DSi browser is the best, and even THAT can't load GBAtemp properly.
For chatting, I assume you would like to use MSN or something. For that, there's Beup Live, which is a very good client!

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no there isn't. it only can be done by having a slot 2 card. the best ds browsers without a slot 2 card was DS Hobro but its pretty outdated or bunjalloo and seems to no longer work but your welcome to try it http://filetrip.net/f2653-DSHobro-0-4.html all you need to do is set up a wifi connection with a wifi compatible game like Mario kart and the settings SHOULD save on the ds itself and then just open the server app on your pc that comes with the download. hope it helped
ninja.gif

Bunjalloo: http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/
but i recommend getting an EZflash 3 in 1 slot 2 card and giving the official web browser a try
EZflash link: http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-3-in-1-Ext...-Lite-p-40.html

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I looked into this a lot when I first got my card in August, this is basically what you can use:

DSHobro: not very good for general browsing, need to be running a server on your computer, only displays a static image of web-pages

Bunjalloo: best homebrew browser, can load images, but is a lot faster without them. gbatemp sort of works on it.

DSOrganize browser: not a bad browser, but the application corrupts SD cards

Okiwi: would have been good, interface looks good, but doesn't appear to be finished, as I couldn't get any websites to actually load

DSLinux browser: text only, and the OS will likely have memory crashes without a memory expansion

Then the official web browser, would be the best of all probably, if you got the EZ-3 in 1.

What did you mean by chat?

powerfull Tails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0ddity said:
I looked into this a lot when I first got my card in August, this is basically what you can use:

DSHobro: not very good for general browsing, need to be running a server on your computer, only displays a static image of web-pages

Bunjalloo: best homebrew browser, can load images, but is a lot faster without them. gbatemp sort of works on it.

DSOrganize browser: not a bad browser, but the application corrupts SD cards

Okiwi: would have been good, interface looks good, but doesn't appear to be finished, as I couldn't get any websites to actually load

DSLinux browser: text only, and the OS will likely have memory crashes without a memory expansion

Then the official web browser, would be the best of all probably, if you got the EZ-3 in 1.

What did you mean by chat?

by chat i mean like logging on to gbatemp/super Mario world central etc.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still not sure what you mean. If you mean real time chat on those websites, no, as there is no java/flash support (barely supports cookies,) but if you mean forums, like what we are doing here, yes, does work, but its not perfect.

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
I'm still not sure what you mean. If you mean real time chat on those websites, no, as there is no java/flash support (barely supports cookies,) but if you mean forums, like what we are doing here, yes, does work, but its not perfect.

there is actually a decent homebrew app for windows msn which is beup live
http://beup.supercard.fr/

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't talking about IM, there is a way to use pretty much all clients (AIM/MSN/Google Talk/ICQ/Twitter etc) in real time, without a web browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-