Android Good android phone?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't know where to post this, Anyway what's a good androidphone that's either out now or coming out in the future?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
A key part of the question is what carrier you are on, since not all android phones are cross-carrier. Personally the android phone I'd love to have right now is the Meizu M9, but I have Tmobile and the M9 wont' support 3G on tmobiles frequency so I haven't been able to convince myself to bite

D

Deleted User

HTC Phones are nice. I've heard that Motorola is rather strict (they don't like you installing custom ROM's and tend to lock down their phones tightly). (ROMS being custom operating systems/firware etc, to make your phone run smoother, reduce bloatware etc).

a direct answer: HTC Incredible etc.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I like my HTC Desire HD, which I got for Christmas.

I suggest going into a phone store and just having a look at what they offer. If you see one you like, take a note of it and look online for reviews to find out if it's the one for you.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I wait myself for the HTC’s first dual-core Android smartphone, codenamed Pyramid, with the device expected to go on sale in May 2011. It will use Qualcomm’s 1.2GHz Snapdragon MSM8260 processor and be paired with a 4.3-inch qHD display.

So far he HTC Desire remains the most impressive and technically adept phone on the market.

QUOTE said:
The HTC Desire HD is a cracking device that ticks nearly every category; however the battery issue is arguably worse than on the original Desire. Coupled with a couple of other niggles, it's enough to keep it from the top spot.
(http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-android-phone-which-should-you-buy--717819)

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you in the USA?

I think Ghost has the right idea, but I would recommend waiting for an Android 3.0 phone. One of the big problems with Android right now is updates to the OS are slow to come, or never come, so you may be stuck with whatever OS version your phone comes with. It's not like iPhones, where Apple keeps putting out new versions regularly.

The Android phone manufacturers don't have much incentive to spend money putting out new OS versions for free once you've bought the phone. Some of the PDA's had the same issue back in the day before smart phones.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There's a chain system in place for system updates. Android devs release the update, phone manufacturers tweak the update (e.g. HTC tweak it with HTC Sense UI), then the phone carrier (e.g. T-mobile) tweak it with their own crapware. Once all of that is done, a few months have passed and you might get an OtA update on your phone.

My HTC Desire HD is on 2.2.1. I know 2.2.3 exists and there are news articles about 2.3 being promised to us, but I've still not got the update. 2.4 and 3.0 are also out, but they're being aimed for tablets with Tegra 2 graphics.

So far I've not heard of any phone being developed with Tegra 2 graphics, although there are phones that will have 1.2Ghz dual-core Scorpion CPUs rather than the 1Ghz Snapdragon CPUs that all high-end smartphones currently have.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I prefer HTC phones over others, but a lot of their phones are the same damn phone. I know you don't want to hear this, but it depends on what you want. HTC makes a wide range from budget phones to premium ones, you just have to point out your killer features and see which one fits you best.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well, then what about Galaxy S or maybe Droid X?
That's exactly why I suggested going to a phone shop and looking around, probably talking to the sales assistants. You can find out what is available, and the sales assistants usually have some news on what phones are coming out. Based on that, and reviews online, it should be somewhat easy to narrow the choice down to just a few sets and ask for opinions.

And I know that in America, there are at least 30 clones of the HTC Desire HD. Often the clones only exist because it will be exclusive to different carriers.

Anyway, no more posts until Sop replies, since this may just be another dead thread - no need to go dancing on it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Samsung Galaxy S and it's a great phone. Decent battery life, nice size touch screen, great build quality. Ticks all my boxes. Plus of course it's my first smart phone. So I'm loving the Android App Market where I found tilt controlled swimmer munching game Hungry Shark for only £2. Great fun
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."