Goldeneye DS first details

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Activision has been mostly quiet about the DS version of Goldeneye. It hasn't been shown off in any shape or form as of yet. We now have a few details about the DS version though. Here they are-

- Tank battle and classic videogame levels are featured
- New stealth tactics
- Daniel Craig and Judi Dench are in the game
- Tank mission: Behind the cannon, move with d-pad, face buttons aim artillery, tap the touch screen to switch button-controlled machine guns/cannon, tap to recharge shield
- Health/shields for tank: Two curved bars, too much damage will deplete your shield and you will start to lose health
- Helicopters, armed troops, tanks are enemies in the tank level
- Point of view doesn’t change what the tank controls define as forward
- Has an Archives level: Bond has been taken hostage, Bond girl being carried off, Bond gets on his feet, takes out the guards in combat (tap the screen when the proximity icon shows up), Bond then gets a handgun and ducks/runs through the level, finally pops out of an air duct and creeps up on a bad guy for a stealth kill
- Move Bond with the d-pad, rotate point of view with the touchscreen
- Touchscreen has a radar, shows level layout and where enemies are
- Mini-game: Looking at keypad, swipe a card before entering a code
- Kick a door by swiping the stylus
- Around 90% of the cutscenes are in first-person
- Local and online multiplayer
- Described as a covert action game
- Mix of tactical shooting encounters and stealth ops situations
- “Thinking man’s shooter”
- Rewarded for making tactical decisions rather than shooting at enemies constantly
- Environmental kills
- Unconventional routers
- Distractions
- Takedowns
- Built from the ground up
- Smash through barricades, escape a helicopter, leap from the Arkhangelsk dam using the touch screen
- 6 player multiplayer
- Golden Gun and Flag Tag online modes
- Numerous modifiers
- Can obtain multiplayer awards
- Co-op/competitive multiplayer [/p]
We do know that Goldeneye DS is being developed by n-space, the team behind the Call of Duty series on DS. I would reason that considering it's a first person shooter and has online, it is likely using the same engine as the COD DS games as basis. At any rate, the online should interest some people. Although i don't believe in overusing stylus controls, it will likely work here since you're already controlling the aiming with the touch screen anyways. I just hope this version isn't an afterthought. There's little fanfare behind the DS version, the Wii game being their main concern. We'll see though.

Source- Nintendo Everything
Source 2 (extra details)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I did kind of enjoy the COD DS games, but n-space also did the DS version of Force Unleashed, which was garbage. N-space can make a good 3D engine for FPS games, but their actual games are not the best.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the Wii version is due out in America this November. A date for the DS version has not been revealed. So whether it will release simultaneously with the Wii version or be released separately is unknown. I'm guessing the former though, seems they'd want to keep them as a pair.

I just added some new info that has surfaced, reread the top post again.
smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless they incorporate a well thought out auto aim system then it shouldn't be that bad for those who find the stylus annoying.

i personally dnt think the controls will be that bad

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Don't understand... Goldeneye? N-Space? Is it a remake of the game from Rare? I remember the game Goldeneye: Rogue Agent... What's the relation between the two games?...
wacko.gif
wink2.gif
Confused...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay