Golden Sun Dark Dawn Save gone

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by JinTrigger, Dec 1, 2010.

Dec 1, 2010
  1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I just updated my Supercard DSTwo to EOS 1.08 or whatever the latest firmware is and when I go to my Golden Sun game its making my start a new game as if I never played the game before....Why is this happening and where is my old .sav

2. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    That problem has not happened to me so far. You say that you updated only the SCDS2 EOS, correct? What about the "patch" a.k.a. system3.dat? Did you add that?

I have also encountered such save problems before with a few previous games. I'll keep in mind that switching EOS's or updating to the latest can affect games.

Besides trying to figure what the problem is, did you backup your save file?

3. kaputnik

Member kaputnik GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    If the save file is still there, make a backup of it and check if you've enabled multiple saves (or whatever that option is called) by accident. If you have, disable it and try starting the game. If that doesn't work, you can try reverting to the same firmware version you used before.

4. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Oh thank God....It was using my Japanese save and I guess the new firmware just started a new save. A simple renaming of files fix the issue...I was about to be uber pissed. A backup is an order