Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since I promised a video tutorial on softmii for youtube, I made my wii fairly virgin like. Deleted all custom channels including the homebrew channel, and updated to 3.4u.

So I put in zelda to install the homebrew channel, and all I get is a black screen after I click start. The wiimote disconnects and I can't do anything, so I'm forced to hold the power button down. Cleaned the disk (granted, it is kind of scratched up, but you'd think an disc read error or something would alert me) and tried again, this time without the twilight hack save. Same issue.

I'm thinking either a new version of 3.4 is out, as my 3.4u friend updated 2 days ago to 3.4u (maybe a shop update?) or my disc is totally dead.

Missing my hacks a lot right now. Any ideas?

Edit: I posted a softmii pack up that is basically the original softmii 1.0 pack, but with a better downgrade method and extras. If anyone wants to test it out for downgrading/twilight hack on 3.4u, that would be awesome. Just post and I'll shoot you a link.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you run ARC? I think you have to overwrite CIOSCORP. Did you get rid of preloader, or just channels?

PS - DO NOT DELETE ANY IOS's without checking with the board.

Ga1l0w

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated to 3.4 and assumed it would overwrite it. I also ran the hack remover tool to uninstall preloader.

UPDATE: Seems all my other official games work, just not zelda. I assume now it's a disc issue, but you never know.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, cool, you are still in good shape. Preloader is still there, just the hacks have been removed from the Wii's memory.

What I would do:

You need to find a way to use Any Region Changer to go to a true 3.2 and overwrite cioscorp.

I think you can do this by just doing the twilight hack, and then running ARC.

Someone better than me, flesh this out for him, pls....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans