Going to Disney World (again) and life updates

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i wanted to share a bit that has been happening with me in general. I've actually been more or less "away" from gbatemp lately. Many people probably know that i've been in the process of moving. I've had little time to give to the site lately, technically making me a bit of a bad staff member.
tongue.gif

But anyways, i just wanted to share a bit of what has been going on with me lately. Earlier in the year, our original home (Nashville TN) had a rather large and destructive wave of floods. Lasted for several days too, unrelenting. Lots of people were affected, some were even killed. Many also lost their homes, it was a big mess. We were lucky to have not been killed or anything, but our house received some rather extreme damage. Roof was already in disrepair, but the rest of it was virtually ripped apart. Ceiling fell in and everything, damaging a bunch of our appliances. The cost it would take to fix the mess was far more than we could get (even with federal aid FEMA offered, it wasn't nearly enough), and it doesn't help that our codes department was extremely strict and not at all sympathetic to anyone. We had been quite poor during the past 10 years as well, and we didn't have insurance either.

So my mother and i decided it was time to sell the house and move away. We managed to do so, and we're actually doing quite well for ourselves now. No financial issues either, we can even afford a nice house without having to deal with a mortgage (and have some cash left over). We've moved to Florida (Naples specifically) and are in the process of buying a new house. Charming city Naples, lovely Italian architecture. Very close to the beach as well. Dunno how well i'll tolerate the heat during July, but it's very pretty. The first half of the year was extremely rough, but the second half has been extremely great. Funny how that worked. I am hopefully going to be able to go to college next year as well (if all goes well).

The house we're working on getting is a short sale. Meaning it takes a rather long while until we can close on it. So we're kind of in a waiting stage, renting an apartment at the moment. We were going to take a vacation out west and visit places in Colorado and California, but we've decided to wait till next year. We need to stay fairly close by in case there's news on the house.

Needless to say, i've not been here much lately. It's been very busy. We took a trip to Disney World back during Labor Day, but then it was right back to work up till this very moment. I'm trying to find more time for the site at the moment. It's time i rather cherish (sappy comment i know).

So anyways, we're headed back to Orlando later today. We'll be spending a week at Disney World again. Vacation overkill you might say, which may be true. But before we moved down here a few months back, i truly hadn't taken a vacation in over 10 years. It's great being able to do that again, so much stress has ruled my life for a long time, now all gone. Should be a fun Christmas (even though we're going before Christmas, way too crowded right at Christmas). We're also celebrating my birthday a bit early while we're down there (i'll be 22 on December 29th). Can't wait to see all the decorations and have a great time in general!

Anyways, sorry for rambling, wanted to get some stuff off my chest.
toot.gif

Here's a rather lovely pic of a sunset i took at our local beach (got some killer sunsets here, i didn't get to see them all the time where we were, we were in a valley between some hills back in Tennessee, always blocked the sunsets). I'll spoiler tag it out of common courtesy-

sunsetnaples.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.